Do you think a guy likes a girl if he agrees to "friends with benefits" without sex even though he's had sex before?

Basically I started talking to a guy a month ago. I think he's really cool and everything and we have a lot of chemistry. Yesterday I basically asked what we were. He said, "well what do you want it to be?" and I explained that since he's leaving in September to go back to college that I'm not looking for a long distance relationship since that will be my first relationship. He was relieved. We kind of agreed that at this point it's kind of friends with benefits. He knows however, that there will be no sex involved. Do you think a guy would do this just for all the other physical perks or do you think he actually likes me? I have a huge fear of commitment, so I was relieved that he felt the same way. Now I'm starting to feel weird about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• The 'benefit' in 'friends with benefits' is sex. If there's no sex, you're just friends.

What Guys Said 4

• This should be good for your situation. He will be going away, and you have a fear of commitment. This is exactly where a friends with benefits cums in handy. Making out is not really friends with benefits status and one or both of you should be
    orgasming. You said you might give a HJ. That should work, but why not consider more? A little fingering would give him an opportunity to reciprocate, and make you feel good too.

• Quick question. If there's no sex then what's the benefit?

• haha I mean we make out and stuff and I guess that's pretty sexually satisfying without actual sex.

• It may be satisfying for you but try telling that to his boner.

• Maybe I take care of that as well... with my hands... but nothing more haha

• I have been in a open relationship and had friends with benefits and the benefit is definitely sex. So you gotta be doing something pretty good to make him stick around or he has some strong feelings for you

• Fear of commitment huh? Have fun being a cat lady...

What Girls Said 2

• I think he's doing that for just all the other physical perks. If you told him you're not looking for a commitment, he might have misunderstood you and thought that meant you wanted to be friends with benefits only with him and no relationship with him other than that.

• I thought the benefit in friends with benefits was sex. All you are then is friends.