Why is this taking over my life?

Hi people,

Okay so I LOVE my bf I can't breathe without him and it's the same for him. We've been dating for 5 years BUT recently I've started to get extremely disturbed by one of his past relationships, well his first one to be precise. This was when he was 14. They didn't sleep together but she was his first kiss and he said they made out a lot and that just kills me. I was at the same high school as him and know the girl and I'm not trying to be shallow or anything but she is extremely unattractive even he admits it and he said all his friends were embarassed of him going out with her. It only lasted a month then she dumped him, he hates her now. The problem is he told me he got butterflies and everything when they kissed and I feel gross that he could feel all that with her. Now I'm getting insecure that the kisses with her were probably really good and better than mine... i get images in my head of them making out and its so disturbing. It's ruining our relationship.. I've never been jealous of her but why now? I wanna let go of the past but I can't seem to do it :( by the way I don't have a past of my own

Most Helpful Girl

• You've been going out for a long time, 5 years, that's ages, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. I know it's horrible thinking about the guy you're with, how he's kissed another girl and felt all that with someone else but there's really nothing you can do about it, just try and forget about it.

What Guys Said 3

• Well, if what you're doing is not equal to those memories, go shopping for a new guy that has these feelings for you... The End, else he WILL leave you for someone like her when you least expect it

• Soooooooo , you're 19, and a relationship he had at 14 is bothering you? I have experience on this. Just like I told this other individual who is 19 and I call daughter... GROW UP YOU ARE AN ADULT WORRYING ABOUT SHIT FROM HIGHSCHOOL

• If he doesn't liek you, he probably wouldn't be your bf right now :)

What Girls Said 1

• why are u allowing a past figure to disturb u?
    what most important is you are the one next to him
    many people have ex , so u just have to accept ur bf past