How old is too old for me?

I'm 18 and looking for someone to date. Most guys I'm talking to are between 22 and 25. This one guy is 29 and he wants to date me and I think that might be too old. So would it be weird if I dated someone who was 29. I do like older guys but I don't know how old is too old. What is the highest age I should date?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're 18 then you decide what's too old. For some girls that may be too old, they wouldn't feel comfortable dating someone 10 years older than them. Others might make an exception if they really like the guy. Yet others would say absolutely no way. You have to do whatever you feel comfortable with. It goes the same with guys dating someone older or younger. Personally, I have my range that I feel comfortable with... Im 29 I try to date girls 25-32 but that doesn't mean if somewhere down the road I start talking to some girl that is 21 or 35 etc... We hit it off and both seem to be into each other that I wouldn't give it chance strictly on age difference.
    Ultimately you have final say... If you think he's too old for you than he probably is... If the age difference makes you uncomfortable then dont date him. Remember you just turned 18 you are still maturing, still turning into a woman. Dont let anyone pressure you do something you dont want to do. Years down the road when you are 28 or 38 your opinion may change... at that point you may be comfortable dating someone 10 plus years older than you. But for right now if your not ready keep dating guys closer to your age or the 22-25 years you have been.
    Stay Safe.

• Thanks that was so helpful and I think 25 is my cutoff

• No problem. Its okay to think about yourself first once in a while. Just ask yourself what you really want? What makes you happy? And Do that. Just find a good guy that you like, that will treat you right and make you happy.

What Guys Said 8

• ok I think the 29 is too old. if anything, I would honestly say 24 should be your max because its not really the age gap that makes the difference its the experience in between. you're just barely legal now. but then again a lot of people will tell you that age is just a number:P

• You're an adult.

Date who you want, decide for yourself. The individual and the relationship will likely matter more, but maybe not, maybe you love dating 29 year old guys, maybe you'll date 1 or 2 (not back to back) and see why it doesn't work for you. The right answer for you, is what works for you.

• Indeed, people think there is some kind of immutable law to this.

• You can't help who you full in love with age is just a number you can date whoever you want to.

• I would think 25 for you would really be pushing it.

• If you're 18 you can date anyone older than you. I honestly wouldn't give a damn if you dated an 80 year old man long as you was good to him.

• There really isn't a limit, if you just happen to meet a guy you want to be with, then age dont matter, but i doubt you'd be around anybody is 30 or more.

• You're a big girl! You can do whatever you want!

• I wouldn't go much older than 21. The 29 year old guy only wants to sleep with you. A 29 year old has nothing in common with a 18 year old. He has a career and you are barely out of high school. He must be really immature to actually want to be with a 18 year old

• I wasn't sure of he was a creep or not but it makes sense that he'd only want me for sex I kinda think 29 is too old

What Girls Said 3

• Take the oldest, half his/her age and add 7 is a good rule of thumb.

• Im 18 and I would not date a guy over 24. That is the absolute highest

• If you were 22 and he was 33 I wouldn't find it weird. At your age it's a big gap. You are old enough since you are an adult but I would be careful and mindful of whether he just wants a young girl for shallow reasons.

• I decided that 25 is my cutoff and that may be pushing but that's the highest I can handle