He's lovely but there's something missing... should I drop him?

I've been out with this guy a few times and he seems absolutely lovely. I feel completely comfortable around him, he makes me laugh and I genuinely enjoy myself when I'm with him. The problem is that I feel like there's something missing. I just can't put my finger on it. I just don't feel butterflies or nervous excitement when I think about him. I know that I could live quite happily with him if needed be buut I also know that I could live quite happily without him. He's just not a top priority in my life. I'm afraid to make things anymore serious with him cause I don't know what these uncertainties mean. With all my other love interests I was keen on them from the start but perhaps that's why they failed? Have any of you guys been in similar situations? What did you do? I really don't want to hurt him more than I have to so I'd like to make a decision ASAP.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe you'd be better off as best friends then lovers. One of my best friends is an ex girlfriend that just didn't click with me. He would probably make a good person to go to when you have problems and when you need someone to talk about but if there is something missing then there is something missing. You sound like a nice girl and I'm sure good things will come your way. Just tell him that you don't think that you're meant to be with each other but you would still continue to be friends with him. But the thing that most girls mess up on is actually sticking to what they say. If you say you're going to be friends with him then be friends instead of spacing yourself into nothing. A nice breakup that fades is worse than a hard rejection that ends immediately in my opinion.

What Guys Said 2

• I was in the same situation as you. this girl and I liked spending time with each other but something just felt so off:P like I could see us in the future but then again when I really thought about it it just would not work. it was so hypocritical, like we clicked but then we totally didn't click. so I ended it nicely and made myself look like the bad guy so that she didn't feel like shit:P and im glad it went out that way cause I ended up realizing we have fucking nothing in common! hahaa.

• This happened with me and a girl aswell. Something was missing for sure. I really liked her tbh but something was missing and it never worked out. She kind of made that clear after lying and saying she really liked me. The way she messed with me got me angry and upset so I ended the friendship even though she really wanted to stay friends. I would tell you to not put on a front and make sure you are clear so there's nothing for him to wonder about. She was a great friend but I really just felt like she fucked me over. If you want to stay friends and you date another guy, he may not be able to take it and end the friendship. He may feel like your gay friend or some shit which is what happened to me and he'll say fuck that. But you really have to do what you want to do and not worry about how he'll react.

What Girls Said 0