Would you still date someone if it resulted in losing a friend?

Title says it all, under any circumstance if dating someone meant you'd lose a friend forever, would you still want to be with that person?
Do you think some bitterness or resentment would arise between you and your partner because you lost a friend for this person?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say no. its a friendship that I have built up over the years compared to a simple date:P as the saying goes, bros before hoes:D not disrespectfully of course!^-^

What Guys Said 3

• Lose that person's friendship if it doesn't work or lose someone else's either way?

For the first, tough luck, as soon as they revealed feelings the friendship ended.

For the latter, why are you friends with that person NOW?

• If you lose a friend due to dating someone, either male or female, then they weren't much of a friend at all...

What Girls Said 3

• No.
    Guys come and go: true friends do not. Most guys are going to be painful disappointments and that's not worth sacrificing a friendship. If things go wrong in the relationship, you'll feel like the biggest dumb a** rightfully so.
    Bitterness and resentment should not arise because it's all the female's fault. She chose to be with the guy knowing that it would obliterate a bond between her and a friend. Depending on the circumstances, that's usually not the guy's fault at all but the crappy friend's fault for initiating such a messed up situation.

The typical circumstance where dating someone may sever a friendship is when the friend liked him first. In that case, I would NEVER view him as an option because that would be incredibly self-absorbed, tacky, and sleazy. It would make me look and feel like a low quality friend.

• If they're not a close friend to begin with, then yeah, I would date someone if it meant losing a friend :p

• Depends who you have known more and who ur more close to. And who is more worth it.