Do guys listen to opinions of their buddies on a girl they potentially wanna date?

The guy i'm interested in is friends with a big group of guys one of which is a tool I went out with a few times. I know from one of these guys that he trash talked me behind my back after i called him out on being a tool and broke off contact. but he made me sound like a weird girl who is like soo into him etc. which i never was. now I'm afraid my current crush will think the stuff this guy said is true... is there a way to avoid being judged based on this tools word? :(

Most Helpful Guy

• I am willing to take the advice of my friends as a factor in making a decision. After all, the only reason I went after my girlfriend in the first place was because one of my friends said that we would be a good match. Aside from that I keep my relationship separate from my friends.

What Guys Said 6

• Only guy friends I listen to and heavily rely on are only my 2 closest buddies. But in the end I still make my own choice.
    Not sure what your situation is but if they aren't best buds you'll be fine... He'll do what he wants.
    Added note... I'll never cross swords with my 2 best friends so if they are best friends and follow the similar rule then you might be done.

• only guys who have experience. because there's fake people out there, i'm only going to listen to the guy's who've had a couple gf's. u need experience to see through the bullshit.

• I listen but take it as a grain of salt, unless the girl has some real sort of issues.

• I take the advice of my friends, regarding dates, into consideration. Ultimately, it's my decision. Personally, the red flag to me is you dated one of his buddies in the past, which sounds as if it didn't end well at all. Dating a friend's ex is tricky, often times avoided. He would have to talk with him about it, which means he'll listen knowing he's bias. If he likes you that much, & it won't cause a rift in friendships, he just might...

• we didn't date we went out on like 3 dates. which werent even dates really. the guy i went out with said stuff about me though which was untrue but my current crush doesn't know that cause we haven't spoken about it... so i dont know

• In that case, get to your crush before "the tool" does ,)

• Yes I do and if they say overly negative things about her, i'll stay away.

• Yeah, i DO.

What Girls Said 0