I am seeing a younger man. Am I a cougar?

I am 30 year old woman and I like a 24 year old guy, He's mature for his age, but still 24.
Do you think I'm too old to think of having a long term relationship with him?

• Age is just a number
  • He's just not fussy
  • It won't last
  • You're a cradle snatcher
  • Maybe he just likes you

Most Helpful Guy

• A cougar is a woman in her 40's
    also, your within the right age range anyway.
    the method used to give you an idea of the "low" age to date is
    Half your age plus 7
    that would mean you can go to 22 and still be ok. but frankly the mental differeance between a 22 yr old and a 30 yr old is a lot. 24 is a little better.

What Guys Said 9

• 6 year difference is not bad at all. It's just more common to see the guy being 6 years older. Women tend to worry that their "looks are fading" and all that and that guys want the young girls so they doubt themselves.

• My girlfriend is 13 years older than me

• Nope age is just number as long as he is mature guy

• 6 years isn't that much. If you were dating an 18 year old or if you were in your late 30s, I'd consider you a cougar.

• Well, that is the definition of a cougar.

But who cares? Do what makes you happy!

• You can't help who you fall in love with

• if there's a mutual love between you no problem for now. but i suggest you not to get disappointed after a few years because he's too young now.

• Cougar!

I'd love do be dating a cougar..

• How old are you

What Girls Said 7

• That's not much of a diff unless you look physically o. l. d. For example, Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martín is a perfect example

• How are you "old"? Are you going senile, too slow to compute mentally, won't admit your wrong, stubborn , can't follow simple instructions and nasty?

• I don't think you are too old for him, as for the cougar thing id say yes but only because I am 2 years older than my bf and we joke that im a cougar lol

• I don't think so. I feel like there would need to be a bigger age gap between you. Say, if you were 50 and he was still 24.

• it isn't a huge gap, u r not a cougar

• No, you're fine. Don't worry. :)

• Lol no. Look at j. lo and madonna.

• i'm pretty sure he truly likes you, but i'll go against the grain and warn you: this could not work out in the long run. he's only 24, how many girls do you think he's been 'seriously' dating in the meanwhile? maybe one? two at best? that's not 'experience'. he'll start his 'experience' dating you, and if you've been through quite a few broken relationships, it might sound refreshing being with someone who always feels positive and luvvy, cause he 'doesn't know any worst'. you suddenly turn 34, 35, now he's 26-27 and he's seen the ugly face of 'love fights', maybe for the first time. go for it if you wish, but bear in mind it probably won't last.