Why many guys date women who are MUCH shorter than them? That's ridiculous.

That's ridiculous!!! I've seen many guys here find fascinating the idea of dating a much shorter girl.

And i don't mean shorter by 2-3 inches or so... but a BIG difference like 8-10 inches!!!

It's like draging a small child around... just look yourselves in a mirror and you'll realise how ridiculous you look.

I see this many times when go out and i say to myself "fuck!!! aren't they ashamed?"

why you like that/? i can't believe it...

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree. I am a beautiful and TALL woman, I have better legs than the short stumpy girls, and yet guys prefer them. Wouldn't a guy prefer a woman he doesn't have to stoop down to kiss? I am 5'10 and it's hard to find a guy. My ex best friend got the guy I wanted and she isn't even pretty. She's short little girl the size of a child (5'4) and he wanted her and he is 6'2. I'm obviously the better choice. You'd think he'd want a taller girl so that his kids could be tall, but nope. What if they have a kid, and it's a boy and he only ends up 5'4? That's the worst thing that can happen to a guy. Plus her face is ugly.

• I am short, 5'7 and I wouldn't mind dating a taller woman. But most men avoid askimg teller women cuz they think she won't want him cuz he's shorter

• Jealousy really is a disease.. hope you get well soon!.

• Lol you're shallow as fuck

What Girls Said 26

• You're a dick. you're basically saying men shouldn't date women much shorter than them. Why can't everyone date whoever they want? If a guy is tall and wants a short girl that's fine. If a guy is short and wants a tall girl that's fine. Let's not shit on other people's preferences.

And that's an example of something I hate. You don't like the fact that short girls are the hype because you don't like them, so you bash them and make rude remarks about them. Wtf? If they're not you're thing, they're not your thing. Doesn't make them "ridiculous. "

And short women don't look like children, they look like short women. Children look like children.

• Of course i don't like shorter girls. I feel like a creepy pedo in front of them. for me seeing a tall guy with much shorter girl, makes me feel that the guys is a secret pedophile

• *women not elam. Swipe keyboard

• you said it by yourself. cute. cute is a word to describe a nice-looking underage boy or girl who hasn't hit puberty yet. we can say for a 10 y. o. boy or girl that he/she is SEXY because it'd feel weird. so they're attracted because of their CUTENESS. THose men would bang 10 year olds if they weren't afraid of the law. and that's a fact.

• Ashamed?
    Ok is there a brain up there or are you just a very close-minded person and you must be, you just gave MH to a person who agrees with you - sorry buddy but the world does not revolve around tall people oh and here is the thing average height of a woman is 5'4 even 5'3 nowadays and guess what me dating a tall guy and when wearing 6 inch heels will never hurt his ego but if she is 5'10 and he is 6'0 guess what she will over power his height so please stop judging people for preferring what they like...

• it's my own business who'll get MH to my questions. And why nowdays 5'3" i thought people nowdays were taller than past generations. ANd as i said average isn't always beautiful. soemtimes it can be disgusting

• Haha guess you can't take the shit you give.

• I don't know what to say here. There is more to a short woman that her height. I am 5'2 and I have dated much taller men and I hope that I gave a lot more to the relationship than that. A physical trait shouldn't be something that is judged between couples. People have types and that's fine, but why are you concerned with it? Two people met and fell in love and walk around together. I don't see how they look as a couple is up for debate with people when they obviously found something in each other that works for them. I know a lot of men prefer the 'cuteness' of a short woman to feel as though he's a protector. But when you compare how many inches that will be, really, the man also can't help be as tall as he is! Height AND weight should be a non-issue to outsiders of any relationship. If the couple sees mutual attractiveness in each other, that's all that should matter.

• what's cute in a short girl anyway? i'd feel like a pedophile if i was dating a shorter girl

• So there is an age difference too? Good grief we've gone from pedophilia to incest now...

• AAAAARGH!!! you know what i mean!!! they look more like a father going out with his daughter than a boy and girl couple!!! JUDGING BY THEIR FUCKING SILLHOUETES!!!

• Who cares? If it works for them, then why bother judging them for it?

• exactly :)

• depends on the individual. i said it's more POSSIBLE for a person with longer face to be tall... simple?

• Just as it's POSSIBLE for a person with a smaller face to be tall. Hence, using it as a way to measure how tall someone is is pretty damn stupid.

• Why do you care? How is this affecting you? If they are happy together, what concern of it is yours? Have your opinion and move on.

• Well it's not like we chose to be short in the first place. It's what they want and who are you to judge what some people love. Maybe it's their personality and outer looks. A lot of guys like shorter girls because they are adorable. It's not like dragging around a small child... we are adults and can take care of ourselves. It's not like they are dating a 5 year old... they might be the same age, you can tell by a face so stop the hating :)

• if people could change their height as easy as their weight they'd be happier

• Aww. I'm 4'11 and my boyfriend is 6'0. =/
    Sometimes I forget how tall he is. But he likes carrying me. I guess we look ridiculous in public. ;_;
    oh well, we love each other :)

• i'll give you an advice... be careful of the cops. they might pass your bf as a pedophile draging around a small child

• ok even though, you'll still get stopped by the cops in a regular basis... good luck

• We have never gotten stopped. I'm short and flat chested, but it's obvious I'm not a child. Height alone doesn't make someone mature or an adult.
      Thanks for the concern though ;p

• My dad is more than a foot taller than my mom so I fail to see any issues with a huge height difference.

• It's not like dragging a child around. A child is an age and a mentality. Not a height.

• a 5'2" girl compared with a 6'2" guy is like a child in front of him

• I dated a guy that was 6'5 and I'm 5'1. Anything can happen lol it makes them feel bigger. They like that.

• Well I have a friend that is 5"3 and their boyfriend is 6"7. They've been together for six years. It's not that my friend is unnaturally short (just shorter than average) but her guy is unnaturally tall. She doesn't look like a child because she looks her age. Anyone who saw them together (and does see them together) notices his hight over hers or the way they dress.

• Yeah, but in front of HIM... she's like a child

• He doesn't see it that way. Nobody important in their lives do. His belief is that he's freakishly tall. And although the height difference is crazy, they've been together so long that it doesn't matter. If they cared they wouldn't have been together for so long

• As long as they are happy together, why does the height matter? We can't change what we are born into..

• ... you do realize that men are usually taller than women, right? The average woman is six inches shorter than the average man so it totally makes sense that there'd be a height gap with most couples.

• 5 not 6. average male is 5'9" and average female is 5'4"

• most models are tall but yet thin

• Considering that most women don't look like models, I don't see how this is affecting you.

• My last boyfriend was 6'3 I was 5'2. Honestly it's good because if I had had a son I wouldn't have I worry about having someone whose super small, now he can just be average. Anyways based on your attitude you don't seem like one of those guys who would date a woman whose taller than you

• on the contrary. i'd date ONLY taller or at least equal. and btw, what if your son gets from your side and end up 5'2"-5'3"? who'll be the one to blame? LOL

• so probably you took over your grandmas height

• Yup. But now my son wouldn't have short grandparents so... Yeah

• Sometimes guys jst happen to fall inlove with a shorter girl. I'm short and always thought that I would date a guy taller than me. It so happened that my bf is as short as me. What I'm trying to say is, it can be genuine love

• I'm 5'1 and I prefer tall guys my ex was 5'10 he loved that because he could pick me up and the sex was better cause I'm smaller there's more positions we could do and he could be dominant

• LOL... how sex was better? that's ridiculous. sex with a shorter girl feels like fucking a doll.

• You need to be less insulting man, then you're comments won't be deleted.

• but i want to state that i dislike shorter women!!!

• Who care of the height of a couple. I'm 5'2" and pregnant with my boyfriend as he's 6'2". And we are fine. It's not how pretty you look to others or how tall you are. It's about how you and the other person are with each other. So get over it an grow up and stop being children over something no one has control over. Cause I can say I've seen it all. I've been with guys and girls taller and shorter than me. And it's never made a difference cause you are with someone for who they are and not their height. So grow up and let your hatetred go. Cause it's not going to do shit in the end but make you bitter and envying everything that you don't have.

• i do care about the height of my partner very much. but it's a fool foot difference with your bf? weren't you feel like a child?

• i am 5'2 but i have to say i feel for taller women. irl i have noticed that many men prefer petite (short) girls. everyone is entitled to their preferences but i think it's sad.

• i'm glad to see that you understand the situation.

i believe most men want to be the boss and with a short girl will find it easier

• infortunately not only in japan :-(

• i think judging by height is silly. most girls list ”tall” as a preference. i couldn't care less about height.

• well it makes the guy feel bigger and in charge, and it makes the woman feel protected. I love dating a taller man.

• i'd prefer to slash my wrists if i was bigger and in charge

• I don't know, people like who they like. Even though it irks me sometimes too, because I'm more on the taller side (I'm 5'9). And if all of the tall guys are dating these really short girls, what are the taller girls supposed to do? lol

• probably those dumb fools want to be manly that's why they prefer shorter.

• *who's the boss i mean

• Are you from Greece? I'm use to seeing tall women with short greek men.

• yes, but this is false. i see this very rarely.

• LOLLL u r cute

• she or me?

• It depends on the guy. I'm only 5'2, and I'm not going to grow anymore. My bf is 6'1, and he's still getting taller. We started dating when he was 5'7, so it's not like we were going for the height difference. I think that some guys might want a short girlfriend because it makes him feel bigger.

• Just to clear the misconception- Not all short girl have small legs, stumpy, chubby, A lot of short girls have long legs and thin, and not stumpy at all.

• if they have long legs they might have short torso and make them look weird

• do you slouch probably? LOL

• Because it looks normal for my height, i have long legs for my height, a normal looking torso, for my height, and my head would not be affected by height.

• I guess it's just preference. Not every man or woman like the same types.

• Thinking that's ridiculous is what's ridiculous, haha!

• People can date anyone they like
    That's so fucking stupid of you to ask a question like that.

• I love big height differences! My boyfriend is 8 inches taller than me and I love it!

What Guys Said 26

• My gf is almost a full foot shorter than me, and it works out fine. Its kinda cute, haha. But I've dated tall girls too and its not like they were any less cute because of it. Doesn't really matter to me.

• Okay, as someone who has gone to prom with and dated girls who were 5'2" and 5'3" respectfully, I can see the point you're trying to make (I'm 6'2"). Yes, it does look awkward.
    However, the average height for a woman in the US is 5'4". Yes, AVERAGE. So when a tall guy is dating a girl that's 5'2"-5'6", he's really dating the middle of the bell curve. So I don't see the issue in pulling from the averages, despite where he quite literally stands.

Now, do I think a guy at ANY height should date a girl bases only off her height? No. I myself have found plenty of taller women worth being with. Now, height is like other physical features and can contribute to your preferences. If a guy on the tall side likes shorter women, so what? If a guy on the short side likes shorter women, so what? It's HIS preference and HIS choice. We shouldn't bash others for who they date if that person makes them truly happy. Saying "You're tall so you have to date a taller woman" or "You're short so you have to date a shorter woman" is just immature and wrong. We shouldn't force anyone to go against what they like/dislike because we ourselfs see it as the "right" or "proper" way to do things.

Overall, as long as the guy isn't dating based ONLY on having the huge height gap, what's the issue? He can do what he wants. Don't like it? Don't interact with him.

• I want to date only girs who are equal or taller than my height. i hate it when the girl is shorter and i'd never date one

• That's fine, that's YOUR preference.

But just because you don't like a woman who is shorter doesn't mean you should ridicule other men who do.

• How ignorant are you?

• There's nothing shameful about it.

On the other hand, I think it would be laughable to see ANY woman with a guy like you. 5'7" short, 120 pounds scrawny, and metrosexual (LOL!!) aren't exactly desirable traits. You almost don't even deserve an opinion. You're not even really a man with those stats. You're more comparable to the size of a child than these short women you like to bash.

• not as laughable as seeing a woman with a guy like you who likes to have his body as his profile pic... to show everyone that he is pumbed

• Trust me, it's really apparent that you don't give a shit about your manhood haha. In fact, you don't have any.

And I can't really say I'm bothered by a beta male reject calling me ugly. Many women have told me I'm hot, even beautiful, both on here and in real life. I guess that makes me hotter than you kid (;

You can go paint your toenails now.

• i'm surprised by the fact that some girls here are calling me rude... the one who's rude is obviously you. just notice the way you speak

• How does a guy being tall make him father like and a girl who is short child like besides height? I can understand if she acts like a kid. If two people get along, love and car about each other, have fun together, are there for each other in good times and bad times, loyal to each other etc then why shouldn't they be together regardless of looks? Saying a couple should not be together because of height difference is like saying they should not be together because of hair color, hair length, eye color, skin tones, if one has multiple tattoos and one doesn't, one has multiple piercings and one doesn't, etc. looks are only a small part of a relationship. Get over it.

• Lots of guys like shorter women, and lots of women like shorter men. And sometimes people don't have a preference at all in regards to height, and they just fall for someone that's significantly different than them in that regard.

Anyway, getting to the point... who cares?

]The idea that someone should feel shame for something like that is pretty stupid.

• lots of women like shorter men? unfortunately that's not true...95% of the women or more, like the men to be TALLER... DAMN

• Why let it bother you? Are you a person that prefers tall women, and you dislike that other people's preferences might not be the same as yours?

As for silly internet polls, I wouldn't worry too much about those anyway. People claim to have tons of preferences online, and often times those preferences go flying right out the window when they meet someone special in person.

• personaly i'd never ever date a shorter girl no matter who is she

• I am 6ft1 and generally date a lot shorter than me. I really don't see why you have a problem with it. Just sounds like you're mad that taller guys are stealing all the girls in your height range.

• NOOO I DON'T LIKE SHORT GIRLS

• errr we're not a couple you know

• Yeah but it would be a bit embarrasing for me to walk around with a child as a friend

• I'm not going to not date an amazing girl because she's significantly shorter than me. It would be a tragedy if I missed out on someone because she was short.

• what's so amazing in a short girl?

• your a moron at least argue with me about something normal like politics - this just makes you look like a moron 5'7" moron at that - you will literally be my height - imagine that me jealous please tall girls dont faze me - I love my height, I actually can wear heels

• and tall girls can wear heels and look great as well...

• Because shorter women represent femininity, weakness, vulnerability and tall guys represent the opposite, masculinity, strength and confidence etc.

Plus who really cares, if it works for people, then it works. I don't see the point in people getting their knickers in a twist.

• who would like to date a WEAK and VULNERABLE woman? only a fool

• i don't give a SHIT about nature

• Well you should, nature is important. Nature is everywhere. Embrace it and don't be afraid.

• What's the problem, seriously if 2 people like each other let them do what they want. Why so quick to judge.

• but the sight is ugly

• Ask women why they are dating guys that are much taller than them, reverse it and you'll know the answer.

• It's not that the really tall guys wanna date a much shorter girl, it's that the much shorter girl usually just throws herself to get the really tall guys. You'd think the really short girls wouldn't mind shorter or average height guys, but it turns out most of the times they are the ones who are most obsessed with really tall guys. Hence they are easy for the really tall guys.

• easy for what? that's ridiculous

• how can a tall guy be manipulated by a small brat who just have huge tits?

• I meant guys in general wouldn't mind being manipulated by a hot girl with nice curves, as long as he has a shot with her and might get some. Since girls value height in guys just like guys value curves in girls, they just love the fact that they have a shot with tall guys. That's what I meant to say.

• I actually have no idea. I'm not sure why such a short female would date such a tall male either. Larger people have larger babies, so in the end you might end up with an emergency C-section as you're unable to give birth to the child as they are too big for the canal to handle.

• Honestly, it's a long-term health risk.

• But so what if someone has an emergency C-section? We have emergency C-sections. That's what they're for. Infant and maternal outcomes for emergency C-section are still superior to what they were pre-industrialization.

• Well of course they're better than just outright dying, but it's even better if the birth ends with no need for extreme interventions.

• It makes them feel manly. I'm one of the few men who does not feel emasculated dating a taller woman.

• actually i'd feel ashamed if i was dting a shorter girl. i want the woman to be equal or taller

• you're closer to central america, where people are shorter than they are in north america

• Yeah but not everyone here is Guatemalan. :P

• I know right! Tall guys take all the tall AND short ladies! No ladies left for the short men. =(

• How short do you mean? My ex bf was 5'7 1/2 and before him, once did went on a date with a 5'4/5'5 guy. Me: 5'7
      I don't think I really put too much emphasis on it to be honest unless it's some extreme difference or the guy had gigantism disorder.
      Now this is absolutely not normal:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Wadlow

• Na, I didn't mean he's lucky for dieing at a young age... I didn't even read the link.

• ok then :-)

• LOL 4realz dood. Its the internet, no one believes it lel.

• I like girls my height and either 1-2 inches shorter or even 1-2 inches taller. I once dated a girl that was 7 inches shorter than me. Sometimes I would get a sore back bending over to hear her talk I a crowded area. She usually wore heels around me to make it easier. And yes it did feel like I was dating a kid at times. Eventually I ended it. Deciding that someone closer to my height would be a better match. And she will be a better match for a shorter man.

• Guys usually like short girls 5ft to 5,6

don't know why

I personally prefer em around 5,9 but tall girls tend to still want tall guys.

• because they are stupid and dumb. they want to look more manly. sometimes i feel like most men are aliens to me

• I'm 6' tall and my girlfriend is 2" shorter than me. I like it. It's easy for us to kiss.

• I agree! I'm 6'1" and my SO is about 3 inches taller. I like that I don't have to stand on a step stool or something just to look him in the eye, haha.

• better, that's a logical height difference

• im 6.3 ft tall guy i can't even think about any gal who is below 5.7ft...

• Why are you so controllingly judgmental about such incredibly superficial things?

• You're not really short for a guy by chance, are you?

• 5'7"

• So not really short, but definitely noticeable shorter than average. And given the number of SUPER hot girls who are 5'3" or under, I can see why you'd want it to be the case that they never got together with average height guys or tall guys! lol! That'd really reduce the competition you face! :P Basically like scrawny emo guys would love it if girls only got together with guys who were within 10-20 lbs of their weight, since that would leave them with all the model hot girls! lol!

Good luck to you!

• SUPER HOT GIRLS UNDER 5'3'?/// hahahhahhahahah don't make me laugh!!!

• Preference for short girls is something I've only ever heard of on this site - I've never noticed it in real life. In fact, most of my friends prefer girls 5'7 or taller and short girls get overlooked. I'm tall and I'd feel weird with anyone shorter than 5'8.

Tall girls are gorgeous - they're sexy and have long legs. They're easier to kiss and hug and you're more likely to have tall kids with them. And they don't give you neck pain! However, they're not easy to find so it's understandable that many guys end up with short girls when there's so many of them.

• You sound like a really ignorant, insecure short guy who wants tall guys to leave the short girls to you. Ain't gonna happen little man. Get over it and find something important to get all pissy about.

• Wait, now I recognize you. Hahah... it all makes sense now. LMAO!

• Yea, like I said, you have a problem. You should really seek professional help.

• Right, I'm the one who is dumb. ;)

• I love small girls. You can pick them up and carry them everywere. Its cute

But it depends on proportions. Some short girls have short and stubby legs and a long torso and others have long legs relative to their torso and that is good.

• i like the girl to lift and carry me. i don't like to carry the girl, after all i'm weak i cannot lift more than 80 pounds or so

• what's so strange about that?

• i'm very light i'm only 122 lbs

• girls only want tall guys. It's not the guys chasing these girls... its the girls chasing these guys, and the guys saying "yes"

• then the guys are the fools