Dating older guys? Anyone got experience of this?

I seem to be acting a lot more mature than guys my age and that's been a problem in my last two relationships so I'm considering dating an older guy.

I'm 18 and I'm thinking of looking for a guy in his mid to late 20s as they'll be more mature, financially stable and ready to settle down.

Any girls have experience of this? How did it turn out? Would you recommend it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm also 18, I have never dated an older guy, but some older guys had ever tried to get me and I see lots of difference with guys around my age. They are absolutely much more mature, looking at problems from different point of views, using their head more than their emotions, more responsible, and yes, readier to settle down.
    Since I'm living in a country where age gap is not really a big problem, I don't see why you shouldn't date older guy; my mom is 8 years younger than my dad, so yeah, I would totally recommend it :)

What Guys Said 6

• I am not going to comment on your question... but the irony has me cracking up that you asked specifically "Any girls have experience of this" and you got 2 guys giving opinions LOL Goes to show, men can never read or follow instructions haha

• I work in the general public and there are still 60+ year old morons out there. I know this for a fact. Stupidity is not set by age. Age will only really determine where they may be in their life. Teens tend to be in high school, 20's in college, etc. Just because a guy is older doesn't mean he won't be a jobless bum in his mom's basement playing video games 8+ hours a day.

• I am older and find most of my girl friends are in their early 20's. I think we either get along well or just enjoy the sex. I look 10 years younger than my age, as I maintain my body. Also, I can make women laugh and they enjoy my company once they listen to me.

• Can I say about dating an older women?

• Never try never know girls... hehehehe...

• Sounds like your dating for the money. It's true that women don't like guys they just like what they have and that's sad

• Bollocks, how about you fuck off?

• The truth angers people.

• I'm financially stable myself as it is, I don't need anyone else's money, I just don't want someone bumming off me.

What Girls Said 5

• The age of the guy sometimes doesn't matter at all it seems. I've been with older guys: one late 20's, one early 30's and they were still children. Make sure the guy fits what you want.

• Just because a guys older doesn't mean he's more mature. Just because he has money, a job, and a house. Doesn't mean you're getting any of it.
    Don't try to get into relationships with guys, especially older, thinking he's going to settle down with you.

• Ill let u know I've dated much older (18 years older) and as fun/ intresting as it was, it didn't work out at all. I dont know many people who ithas worked out. Be aware of ur suroundings. Is he dating u? Or just the fact that u r younger?
    u won't know till u try. Life is about experiences!

• are you planning to settle down? or are you only looking for a comfortable financial cushion?
    Guys at that age are looking often for a real girlfriend, getting married having kids etc. Not to much party and flexibility anymore.
    As long as you plan to do that within the next few years and so you two are on the same level, why not?
    But usually he is in a totally different point in life than an 18 year old girl. There might be this physical attraction of youth and him feeling younger, but I don't believe that can last if you want to stay young, free and independent (perhaps enjoy university) and he wants to settle.
    I always was attracted to those guys as well (they seemed like real men) when being 20, but now being thirty I realise that there is a huge maturity gap in those ten years.

• I did date a guy who was 24 while I was 18 . It was great and all , was mature , had a job which was a lot better than the guys my age. I generally just date older guys
    But since your 18 I think it would be best to not go for a major age gap since your still young like late 20's