Why do so many women assume that every man who says hi is hitting on them? Why won't they realize that they aren't as pretty as they think they are?

Why do so many women assume that every man who says hi is hitting on them? Why won't they realize that they aren't as pretty as they think they are

Most Helpful Girl

• This made me laugh:
    "Why won't they realize that they aren't as pretty as they think they are?"

That is so true. And it's usually women who really aren't very good looking who get innocuous attention like this only to tell her friends she was hit on. But in fairness, men do it too with us. If we say hi, there are a lot of guys that think it opens the door for them to ask us out or even take it further and think we want sex. It happens.

There are just too many people out there with no social skills these days that we are desensitized to sex because it's everywhere, especially online, that so many people just think that's what it all must mean when we're trying to connect with each other. I think people need to stop overanalyzing what our intentions are and try and enjoy friendships and good relationships instead of wondering how they'll be destroyed and when sex will come in to play. I know what you mean, and I wish it would change too. :)

What Girls Said 7

• I't not a matter of "how pretty they think they are" and more about past experience. These women wouldn't act this way unless they have previously experienced at least one guy constantly over imposing himself when they might not have wanted that. The saying goes that it's better safe than sorry and I think that applies here.

• Well women assume men only want sex so if you talk to them they think you want sex. Doesn't mean your attracted to use or we're pretty it just means we think you want sex.

Anyways it depends on the woman I never think anyone's hitting on me, but that's because I think I'm ugly so...

• I don't assume this, I just assume they are being friendly. If my dad crosses paths with people, he usually says hi just to be polite. I guess that's why I assume most other men & women who say "hi" or just being polite. Maybe some women don't have as polite as parents as I do, I don't, lol.

• More often than not, they are hitting on us when they do that so because of this, most women know it's just easier to keep walking instead of getting tied up in conversation with someone they already know they are either not attracted to or they're already in a relationship themselves.

• Hmmm... didn't know that was the case.

• At my school you can't even look at them without them assuming that you are trying to have sex with them.

• I've never known anyone in real life who assumed "hi" was a mack line.
    I've only seen people here question that...

• At my school they do. You can't even hold the door open for a girl without her assuming you are hitting on her.

• It can be amusing at times. I did it once and the girl told all the girls in the school that I was hitting on her

• I guess it made her feel special.
      Kinda crappy to you though.

• Yeah, i hate when people take kindness for flirtation, very annoying.

What Guys Said 5

• Next time they do that, tell them you're only friendly to the ugly ones in case they have some hot friends.

• Hot girls will always assume this because they are used to it.

• I've never seen this is person.

• There is a distinction in body language, focus, tone of voice, and eye contact between guys, who, intentionally, say hello to women to flirt with them, and guys who are simply being polite. Like... duh.

• Exactly! That's what it is I just didn't know how to articulate that. Yah, this guy is right.

• Because girls get hit on a million times a day.