How did this guy do a 180 degree switch from "tell me all about you, I want to know you, you're so amazing, etc" to "can I please have some nudes"?

I'm not even necessarily upset with him for asking, but when I politely say no, he says sorry for asking and disappears. After days of texting, great conversations, and getting along pretty well. It just doesn't make sense to me to waste that much time talking to me, and then stop only because I'm not okay with sending out nude pictures of myself.

I'm not going to apologize for drawing the line there, but I don't hold it against him for asking either, and even told him that, so why is it so hard to just accept that it's not going to happen but we can still hang out, date or whatever, and it's fine? Especially when it seemed like he genuinely liked me - or maybe I'm a bad judge and he only wanted pictures all along? Either way it sucks.

Most Helpful Girl

• What is the obsession with nudes these days? I hate it when a guy asks me for nudes. It isn't really a subtle 'no', it is more of a 'hell no, you dumb a$&'.

What Guys Said 3

• It could be he is embaressed about his request, or something has come up and left him unable to take the time to reply... but the girls are probably right.

• one of my friends does the same thing and frankly it kind of upsets me because I feel like it gives guys like me who send those kind of messages genuinely wanting to know a girl a bad rep

• He didn't do a 180. He might still have enjoyed texting with you, but he was most likely always after the nudes and he just thought that by talking with you for a while, he'd get you comfortable enough to send them.

What Girls Said 2

• Why would you even want to continue with this guy if he asked you for nudes? It's clear he only has one thing on his mind plus it was totally inappropriate and disrespectful of him to ask you. It would have been such a turn off for me. Gather your self respect and move on.

• I guess I was trying not to judge, I don't know. Plus everything before that was pretty innocent. You're probably right though.

• Don't do it hon - the same exact thing happened to me a few weeks ago. He's telling you upfront what he's looking for, that's why he disappeared when you said no. He did you a big favor:)

• Sorry to hear that, it happens to me all the time. But if he wants to disappear after you tell him no that's him. Everybody doesn't disrespect them self's like that