He wants to take things slow?

I've been talking to this guy for about 3 months and dating for about 2. Just recently his work has given him a pretty heavy schedule for a couple months. It won't stay like that, but he told me that he thinks we should step back and take things slow during this period because he can't have any distractions. However, he still goes out with his friend whenever he can. He said that he wants to keep talking here and there until then but he doesn't want us to feel like we have to absolutely talk to each other. I don't know how I should feel about this. I understand that he has to think of his job and I would never want to get in the way of that. I also know that he definitely needs time for friends. He says he doesn't think I deserve a relationship where he can't constantly be there for me, but I believe that I like him enough that I could manage during this period. I just don't see why he doesn't at least want to try things out before seeing if it's too hard to be with me at the same time. Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• " He says he doesn't think I deserve a relationship where he can't constantly be there for me" this statement right here that he said to you sends a lot of red flags up to me, makes me think he's trying to ease away from you so it'll be easier for him to break up with you. But maybe thats just me. He could just be keeping you on the hook for him to use whenever he wants. But if what I say doesn't seem like what he's doing then disregard what I say. But really think about it. A guy who wants to be with you will make it work even in times of hardship, even if that means him losing sleep. I know because I've been there. so really think about it. Good Luck.

What Guys Said 1

• I think you need an one-on-one sit down with him. Is your relationship good? Then, if so, he's only thinking about you. If your relationship isn't good, he's probably trying to ease his way out with a lie. Lot of people are going to say negative things, don't let that affect you. Just talk, it's the best answer right now.

What Girls Said 0