Hanging out as friends?

gals, if you told a guy who liked you you weren't ready for a relationship, but that you hoped you could still be the friends, and guy said he totes respected that but still wanted to chill as friends, how often would you feel comfortable chilling with him like over coffee etc (with the knowledge that he might still like you like that?) Like twice a week, once a week, once a fortnight...?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would think that a lot of girls would try to avoid it because it might give you the wrong idea about their intentions and maybe make you think that they're changing their mind about your relationship. But if the girl really valued the friendship then she'd still try to make it okay. But even then I don't think it would be often, maybe once a couple of weeks. Its kind of impossible to set a timing for that because every girl is different.

What Girls Said 2

• This happened to me and I was very good friends with the guy for quite a while and we hung out almost every day (I go to a boarding school), only became awkward when he didn't have a life outside of hanging with me and then he asked me to a dance and blew up a bit when I said no (he had apparently held on to his crush to the point where he believed he was in love with me, and he had convinced himself that I liked him back). :P So if you honestly just want to be friends there shouldn't be an issue, but it really depends on the girl.

• well its up to you! would you ever date him? and if you wouldent do you feel like you would be leading him on? but I guess if he knows you just want to be friends it should be ok to

What Guys Said 2

• I tend to believe that many girls in your age range would simply run away from that scenario completely.

Notice I didn't say all though. Some might not mind it, but I know that many girls I have known have confessed a sense of nervousness and embarassment when they are confronted with those situations.

• Ah but you see she hasn't run away completely.... we've already had lunch together and it was all good, no awkwardness.... so that's why I was just wondering, how often should I ask her, I don't want her to feel awkward - like I'm "pushing her" if you know what I mean

• I guess offer a get together every two weeks then.

• 24/7 365

hahahhahahaha

nah, tricky, cause like rachiee said, it might send the wrong signal to you. try once a month, for now, if she seems distant (canceling, or just flat out saying no), then she doesn't want to be friends. if she seems closer, (saying yes, and or keeping "dates") then try for like 1 every other week, and if that works out, try once a week, and so on

if you start, at the other end, you might scare her. so better to start slow