Keep Getting "Friend-zoned" and Don't know what I'm doing wrong?

I'm 14 and I have a lot of friends that are girls, but none of them like me. Everyone says that I'm the smartest person in the grade, and I'm nice, and have a good personality, and I have semi-good looks. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. No girl is interested in me. What can I do to improve my chances? I'm being myself, and open. Don't know what to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• You are only 14, you have plenty of time to find a girl. Also, sometimes girls at 14 don't have it together, & might not a good catch like you. Keep your head up & I hope you find a really nice girl. Maybe try talking to some girls that you aren't friends with. Also, I think it's great that you're the smartest guy in your grade, I think intelligence is the most attractive feature a guy can have. And if I feel this way, there has to be other women who do too.

• Well I'm 23 and I'm on the same boat as him except for the "semi-good looks" part. I'm told that I'm handsome all the time and that I have a very attractive voice. I've all but given up these days. Girls just don't like me I don't know why. Friendzone is my home.

• You sound ideal to me if that helps

• Thanks! I have time. Only 14. For now I think just friends is perfect. It lets me focus on school so I can get a good education. Also, I just was thinking that really if I started dating a girl, when we break up, we probably won't have the friendship anymore. As of now I don't want to risk friendships that'll last a lot longer than relationships at this age. Thanks for your advise! :)

What Girls Said 3

• You know, no one paid any attention to me while I was in school. Once I graduated, all these interested guys came out of the wood work! I know everyone says it, but don't worry about dating in high school. It's not intended for everyone, even if you really want it. Like i did! It seems like the most important thing in the world, but just focus on being a good guy, and having great friendships. Sounds boring, but you'll have plenty of time for dating.

• Probably try to play sports, sportsman looks attractive and it helps to improve your social circles too because you will meet many people.

:)

• As a girl who had guy friends, there are different types of male friends.
    My male friends who I'm one of their 1-3 female friends are a lot different to guys who actually hang out with girls. The latter being guys most girls don't end up dating.
    You don't have to act "gay" or feminine, it's just a certain kind of guy who hangs out with girls.
    I hang out with guys, and I'm seen as one of the guys, end of. It's not much different the other way round.

What Guys Said 3

• Firstly, stop being friends with so many girls. I will get hate for this but it makes you look more feminine or even... gay. Make more guy friends and don't be the nice guy. The nice guy has no self-respect and lacks a backbone. Instead, be the good guy. The good guy has self-respect, a backbone, but is still humble and isn't a douche

• By the way you are only 14 so you'll learn things over time

• Here's the thing guy. You keep getting friend-zoned so that is the problem: you are a girl's friend. It doesn't matter how attractive you are because if you are a girl's close friend then she will not consider dating you

• The only exceptions are if you are extremely attractive which you said you aren't or if you have known a girl for a loooong time and she suddenly realizes she wants something more from you

• If you're into a girl romantically, ask her out ~before~ you become friends with her.

Friendzone eliminated.

• Seriously. I've got twenty years of dating under my belt. It's a lot better that way.

• Get to be really good friends with a girl first, but before you are trapped in the "friend zone" ask her out. Make sure you do stuff other than eat lunch together and text.