Getting dropped up and picked up by your parents for a date at 16?

And having a pre-planned ending time for the date? (Because in most cases, my mom won't want me out for more than a couple of hours and I am a busy guy).

Is it fine for high school dating?

Most Helpful Girl

• High school dating can be awkward at times because people are getting their licenses at different times and they have different levels of independence from their parents.

The best way to deal with this is to just look past it and act normally when you see her. Don't act all awkward because you are are embarassed, it will just make the date all weird. If she acts all awkward, just try to look past that too. It doesn't mean that she is absolutely undatable or that you are not worth it or at her level for any reason.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's fine. I'd imagine a girl being ok with it would be really mature instead of chasing the guy who has parents who bought a car for the guy.

I honestly recommend staying without a car as long as you can. Insurance companies charge a fortune to minors! The reason being is their likelihood of getting into an accident is really high. I didn't get my first car until around... 19-20 I think.

What Girls Said 4

• is it that you don't have a car or don't have a license?
    I think if you're fine with it, then it's not a big deal. if she thinks it's weird, then you don't want to date her anyway.
    but if you're embarrassed and worried about it, can you get your license and try to borrow someone's car? getting one can be hard, but it can show your parents that you're responsible :]

• My parents are making me wait until next year to get my permit. :(

• aw I'm sorry :[ well it's not your fault, so it's fine! I'm sure that happens to tons of people

• Nope sounds fine for me if you're sixteen

• Yeah sounds fine. My parents are the same!

• It sounds like a sensible plan to me. Maybe not overly romantic, but certainly appropriate at your age.

• But would it be okay to just leave her there like that when I get picked up?

• I am actually not worried about the whole transportation thing. I mean this is 2014 and girls aren't helpless delicate flowers that need to
      be escorted and supervised everywhete.

I am worried about the whole time limit thing. Like is it okay to pre-plan that you can only stay until a certain time?

• Haha ok

A time limit is a good idea. For one thing, it will keep you safer if the date is at nighttime, keep you from staying until it's really late and possibly unsafe to still be out. For another thing, if the date gets awkward, there is a predetermined end point to look forward to - and you don't have to make excuses for leaving already, because you both already know when it's going to end. And obviously it will make sure you get on with other things you need to do, which is a perfectly valid reason to have a set end time for that date.

Your date should be fine with it, and if it worries her then you don't want to date her anyway.

What Guys Said 3

• It's perfectly fine and your mom is a smart lady. You just make sure you prioritize.

• Yes, it's a big deal. When I was 16 I had a girl snub me for this reason. She tried talking to me again like a year ago, I ignored her ass.

• Well that's not a girl you'd want to date anyway. I mean that is shallow as a rain puddle.

• Pretty much. Which is why I gave her a taste of her own medicine later on in life.

• Of course it's perfectly normal, I started dating when I turned 18 and didn't have a car still don't and my mom picked me up and dropped off.