Is it true that guys reject taller girls?

Is it true that men go for shorter woman? Why don't they like the tall ones?

Most Helpful Guy

• For the most part, guys just want a woman that's shorter than they are, even if that means just a single inch shorter.

Some guys will go out with women that are the exact same height as them, or maybe even a HAIR taller.

And very few men will go out with a woman that's noticeably taller than he is.

Why? Well, I guess it's the same reason that women tend to like men that are taller than them. It just accentuates and reinforces masculinity and femininity in the people involved.

What Guys Said 39

• some men find dating a woman who is taller intimidating so they instead of acting on there felling choose to not act because of there own insecurity's. The same insecurity's happen to women that like very handsome men but choose not to act on it thinking that they are less beautiful than what they in reality are. The best way to break that insecurity is buy the tall woman being open hearted and kind to those that may seem more insecure of her in that way she shows them that there is no need to be insecure. even so there are some that may avoid her and for that person the thought of insecurity is to strong so they have learned to just avoid. So the taller woman should not try and force the situation instead just encounter that person little by little until the insecurity disappears. Well i hope this helps and that it can bring an understanding to the situation.

• Not sure if I'd date a girl taller than me, but I'm also 6'4" so it has never really been an issue for me. I definitely prefer girls who are average or above height, just because being with someone significantly shorter ends up being a little awkward. Overall, I would say a girl's height isn't that high on my list of considerations.

• Wow, great opinion ((:

• I'd consider sexy and a challenge but I'm 6 foot and I haven't had a good opportunity yet.

In a more general note it's true but more because women want taller men. I even joked with a woman that's 5'11 that she was tall but just right because she was still shorter than me ( I did the hand over head gesture) and she thought it was hilarious.

So it's a biological thing like older woman/younger guy being taboo. I dated older women and it didn't last because they felt ashamed.

• Depends on whether they would find me attractive or not and if I found them attractive or not, obviously.
    However, I'm less likely to be attracted to girls who are taller, mostly due to the conditioning that females will want taller guys, and aren't willing to date anyone shorter than them. With that in mind, it's kinda hard to overcome the notion that dating someone taller would be "awkward". I'm 5'7" so in western terms, I really am not tall. I think it's an okay height though. But that also means I wouldn't want to date above 5'9", although anything above 5'7" already is a bit of a stretch.

There's a guy here on GAG, I'm surprised he hasn't commented yet - who claims he wouldn't date any girl who's shorter than him. Apparently there are people with a preference of that sort, unusual, but not necessarily wrong or anything :D

• In my country 5.8 is the maximum for men... others r just short, in my opinion I dnt think u r short ((: there are also tall men bt usually and mostly 5.8

• Well if a girl is shorter than me then I'd get a particular type of feeling that I can protect her ^_^
    But if she's taller than me then I wouldn't get that feeling lol :P

• I could only speak for myself and personally im not to fond of taller girls. I guess you can call it intimidation so to speak. Although at the same time i've always had an interest for short girls in general.

• It's not that guys reject tall girls, but tall girls may be intimidating to some guys because let's face it... looking up to a girl doesn't make one feel too manly. Additionally, most girls don't want to date a shorter guy. But if both parties are cool with it, then it's all good. I love tall stallions. :)

• Mostly yes because they feel immasuclated by being stood over. It's not really about the girl, it's about how uncomfortable it makes them feel. If they were confident, it wouldn't matter so much.

• Thank you for answering sir ((:

• Welcome, only issue is if you have to wear big heels, but even then the guy can wear those shoes :)

• Ahaaa thank u sir ((:

• I think tall girls are beautiful, and girls are getting taller it seems with each new generation so it's definitely the trend. Even though tall girls may feel self-conscious about their height, they should really be proud of being tall.

• Generally yes but if I like her for her and who she is then I wouldn't reject her.

• lucky is your girl ^_^ good luck sir :)

• It's true they reject them, and I honestly don't blame them. I dated a beautiful girl who was 6'2" that liked to bitch about guys discriminating against her because of her height. But then she was always throwing it in my face that I'm only 5'10". Nevermind the fact that I can tie guys twice her size up into pretzels if they fuck with me with all this Hong Kong Phooey I know and am also packing. My value as a man to her was less because I was 4 inches shorter than her.

• Oh that's... thank u for answering any way 0_0

• I guesss that is how she asserted her superiority to overcome her otherwise latent inferiority complex.

• Interesting way to look at it, Mesonfielde. She definitely had issues.

• myself being 6''2 I dig tall girls. I personally prefer between 5"7-5"10 so that even if she wears heels she'll be still around my shoulder. But here in India its so rare to find one. Usually girls are around 5"3-5"4, but then again very few guys are 6"+ so Its not really a problem for people in general.
    how tall are you btw?

• I'm 5'8 and wouldn't go for any girl taller than me. Maybe if she really really liked me, was cute and really nice then I'd give it a chance but I'd never approach a taller girl. She has to approach me and be really convincing that she's the girl that I should date or else it's a no. I'm perfectly fine with any girl shorter than me.

• Good ((: thank u ((:

• I see. Most girls who are 5'6 usually prefer guys to be at least 5'10 to 6 foot.

• Ahh.. may be.. but not evrybody prefer very tall guys... I want my guy to be taller than me... :) its my opinion

• I only go for shorter girls because i just expect taller girls to want there men taller then them, but if they were cool with it im all for it!

• Ahhh best of luck with that , sir ((:

• As long as she can't pick me up like I'm a little baby, I don't have a problem with tall girls, I like them lol. I'm 6'0.

• Ahahaha thanks for your opinion sir ((:

• Maybe 50% would, but I don't care if a woman is 4" taller than me. I like tall women.

• I like tall girls. They have legs for days (;

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/6p5077.jpg[/IMG]

• Only if she is much taller than me, being 182 cm most girls are not however as tall or taller than me.

But I have met women much taller than me, and it does cribs me out a bit.

• Aha... thank you for your opinion ((:

• Not always the fact i like taller girls and I'm 5'9"- 5'10"

• Some guys like girls to be shorter than them, some guys don't mind the same height, some guys are okay with girls a bit taller than them

and some honestly do not care

i don't mind if a girl is MAX 3 inches taller then me but she probably won't be okay with it lool.

• Ahaha... not all ((: thanks for your opinion ((:

• Not too tall of course, make it clear that it doesn't bother you if he is shorter and you should be fine.
    Who doesn't like tall legs!

• Ahaaa ((: thank u for answering sir ^_^

• I'm 6 feet tall, but I've attracted to girls 5'9-6'5. It's usually the girl that has the problem with the height.

• Lol haha... hope you would find one soon , sir... and thank you for your opinion :)

• my girl should be 1,80m max. I don't see it going well if she is too tall or too short but I can find a way ;)

• I am 6 feet so I like tall girls even if they r like Taylor Swift :)

• Not true I've dated 2 girls 2 -3 inches taller than me. And have no problem doing it again. My current is GF is my height. I usually go my height or 1-3 inches in either direction. It's all about the face for me !

• What's your height?

• ((: 5.6

• Okay kajal madamji (∩_∩)

• Bohud danyaavaad insaan ji ((:

• My girlfriend is 5'10", and she's one of the shortest girls in her family.

• I wouldn't reject a girl because of her height.

• I'm 6'3 and I love tall girls, I'd date short girls too.

• Not all guys

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 12

• Most me will go for women who are both tall or short, as long as they find everything else about her attractive. I'm a little over 5'10 and my current boyfriend is a little bit shorter. Before we got together, I knew he liked me but didn't think he'd be interested in making it official because of the height difference. I mentioned that to him, and he said he doesn't care in the slightest. To this day he constantly compliments my legs and loves how long they are.

I think a lot of the guys who don't go for girls that are taller than them do this because they think the girl would be bothered by it. I'm assuming you're on the tall side so next time you see a guy who's hot but shorter, try to give him signs that you're interested. I guarantee as soon as he gets the green light from you, a height difference will be the last of his worries!

• Awww thank you sister but I'm 5.6 ^_^ It's a random question I asked to make the tall beautiful girls that they are worthy... u r a beautiful woman too ^_^

• tall beautiful girls realize*

• My best friend has always been taller than all her boyfriend except one. He was pretty tall, and also an ass. Her current boyfriend is about the same height (she is either a little bit taller or he is, not sure).
    My point is, no, not all guys reject taller girls. I think guys like whoever they are attracted to and a lot of the time people in general cannot control who they are attracted to. Sometimes we don't even know why we are, just happens.

• Good ((: thank you for your opinion ^_^

• I've always wondered this, I am 5'9 and I feel like me and my tall friends never seem to get boyfriends. I feel as if men are emasculated by tall women because in that case they are the strong one in the relationship, obviously this is not true for all men but it holds prevalence too many situations

• Dont wory, ^_^ u luk beautiful! Soon a guy will b on his knees for yuh :D

• I have dated a guy that was shorter than me... actually to come to think of it, all the guys that have been seriously into me have been shorter than me, it was I who couldn't look past it :S

• Yea yea... its pretty confusing though , I'm 5.6 bt usually guys around 5.3 or 5.4 only liked me mostly and I'm like -_- oh great...

• it depends on the guy's preference...

• As a girl which 190cm high.. ja.. it is hard. guys prefer to be taller or equal.. otherside.. it is nice to have taller boy.. feeling like a lady ;))

• I'm guessing guys don't like taller women because taller women intimated them.

• that was harsh miss, not everybody hates taller woman! ((: , any way thanks for your opinion... I guess you r on the short site... never mind ((:

• I guess guys prefer to be taller or equal cause they may think they look awkward with a taller girl

• Yes its true. I got rejected by a guy 1 inch shorter than me. I'm only a few inches taller than the average girl I'm not crazy tall. Tall girls should just go for tall guys. You won't make the guy self-conscious and he won't shame you for wearing heels. And 2 tall people look great together.

• awwww sister don't u worry, ... yea I too agree with u ((:

• Yes, lol. I'm 5'5 or 5'6 (get told something different all the time, haha) and I've never been able to get a boyfriend. It's always "she's too tall and skinny" lol.

• High five :p "same here "

• honestly we are average and its still to much for people this generation is tiny as hell haha

• ur right I'm 5.6 and in my country the average height for female is 5.4 and less.. so I luk like a giant for them :p

• I think it depends on the guy. I know a guy who will only date tall girls, but I also know one that will only date shorter ones. The rest I know don't really have a preference, just as long as she is pretty and they connect. I am not saying all tall girls do this, but just the ones I know of, but they reject men who are shorter but then they complain they can't get a guy. I really think people need to be more open minded before making such judgments because you could be turning down someone who you'd actually get along with. I know attraction is a big part of it, but as long as the person is good-looking why should height matter? Personally, I go for the face. I don't care about height or weight. If the person has a good-looking face, I'll get to know him better. I am 5'5 and I dated a guy who was 5'2 and he was chubby but he had the most gorgeous face.

I'm not a picky person.

• Ahh It's a question that I wanted to ask bz most people (girls) say that they r left behind... sister check all the comments... evry comments motivates the tall woman, they would be happy if they see this ((: thank you for your opinion ((:

• The guy I'm dating is shorter than me so I doubt it. I really think it has to do with how attractive the girl is. I get hit on by shorter men all the time

• I got this point on the interenet too, thanks for your opinion ((: