Fat guys, Are they even considered an option for girls?

Hi, I'm in a relationship (a complicated one) and my girlfriend says she doesn't mind that I'm chubby and to this day I'm still confused as to why that is. I've been bullied because of how i look, by not only people, but friends and family too. I'm not complaining that she feels this way, I'm grateful beyond measure but I'm wondering if my girl is just a special case and if maybe most girls don't like fat guys.

Since many of you are asking for measurements and stuff. I'll say 200 - 270 pounds, 5 feet 5, to 5 feet 10

Most Helpful Girl

• sometimes you just want a teddy bear :)

What Girls Said 10

• I like thicker guys. They attract me way more than those stick thin dudes. Thicker guys (thicker, NOT obese) just have something homely and warm about them that just overpowers me every time hahha. They just have an aura of protection that is very hard to find in most guys. But then again - thats just my opinion. :)

• I dated a bigger guy and had no problem with his appearance, it was his attitude and immaturity that didn't work out. I'm big myself and my current boyfriend loves my every peak and valley. I don't understand it either but I accept it and try to grow my confidence with his compliments and constant desire for me, I've been through years of bullying. To this day people will still snicker but you know what? I'm happy with myself a lot more than I use to be, and it's because I had someone to support me. Don't take for granted the beauty in she sees in you. Not all girls will like a fluffy guy and not all men will like fluffy women but they do exist in both cases and while some shallow meanies find it repulsive i think its wonderful... wonderful to see people with differences, strengths and weaknesses come together and support each other through it all.

• Yup I like bigger guys. I dated a bigger guy and called him teddy because it was like snuggling a teddy bear. But I'm very active and healthy. I usually cook so I make healthy food, which some don't like. Also I will be conserved about your healthy so I'd try to make sure your healthy

• I like chubby dudes as long as they're packing :) when I spoon with a guy I want to feel more than just his gut

• You're not giving us measurements to work with, it depends on height lets say you're 5"11 and you're 260 or something, that's an option for me if you're personality is good such as sense of humour and chill, an if I find you attractive because I love cuddling and I feel as if I would break a my bf if he was skinny because I'm on the plus side of things.

• My boyfriend has about 100 lbs on me I've never been attracted to anyone his size but him. Its more of the feeling than the looks a lot of the time. Im very sexually attracted to him even those he's bigger than me. Mine is a special case it could be for you as well. there's someone for everyone

• Depends on how fat is fat, I'm not going to lie to you it isn't preferable

• It's a deal breaker for me honestly but not for everyone.

• I couldn't date a fat guy but lots of girls wouldn't mind

• I honestly hate the term "fat". I like the fact that my boyfriend is a little thicker. He's a total cuddle bear. I'm just not attracted to skinny guys and never have been.

What Guys Said 4

• Many types of girls like many types of guys... im definitely a chubby dude (one that is improving his health and consequently getting slimmer, not one of those 'fat-swag' types that is 'proud of his size')...
    ...
    ... and i dont have problems attracting girls. In fact I've never said "im having a rough time with girls" one time.

It's all about making yourself look the best u can, keeping up hygiene (should be a given ) and having a defined sense of self that doesn't waver for anybody (no matter how cute she is).

------

However I do feel that above a certain threshhold of chubbiness that a guy will have his options severely limited even if he does all the above.

-----

So no... your girlfriend is not an "exception", she simply is into your type of look and personality. 8-)

• Being a big guy myself i encourage you not to let people bring you down
    stand up for yourself , tell them on the Internet, when they want bully you
    tell it to your face, take them on Skype, if they refuse than you know they
    are yellow belly's i don't take bullying laying down cause i been abused
    enough now i will take them out, i came across few haters on here i am
    not afraid of them i welcome them to join me on Skype and tell it to my face
    but i wish you best don't let them bring you down dude and best wishes
    finding a nice lady

• Well, to most (but by no means all), weight is a factor in considering how attractive a person is. Some fat guys are considered options for some girls, however some are not considered options for many women. Looks aside, would you consider losing weight for health reasons?

By the way, I have a friend who weighs 350+ pounds. He's happily married and has two kids.

• I could be 6'6 230lbs all muscle and women would still find me ugly. So I just gave up I could careless what my body looks like.