Giving a guy I'm dating gas money?

I've been on 3 dates with this guy. We both really like each other. I'm 21 and working for the year before going to college. I just moved to the country a month ago so I don't have a license to drive yet (hoping to get everything sorted by Xmas). He's 24, finished college and saving up to move out of his parent's house. On our first two dates, he paid for everything AND drove me home. I live 20 miles, 30 min, from his house. I felt a bit bad because gas is expensive these days. So on the third date, which was a place I chose, I paid for myself and gave him some money ($12, all I had in bills) for driving me home. I figure that covers 3 gallons which should cover a good bit of the trip. Was that wrong of me? He appreciated it. I wish I was a more independent woman. My sister thinks it was wrong of him to accept, but if it was me, I would!

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah I don't think it's that big of a deal. It was a sweet gesture on your part, just like it's sweet of him to go out of his way to pick you up and drive you. And I'm sure that neither of you minds making those gestures, being that you have fun with one another and like each other.

So to answer your question, no, I don't think it was wrong of you. If two people like each other and have fun together, then why should twelve dollars for gas be an issue? I don't get it.

What Guys Said 2

• I see nothing wrong with that... going dutch on dates is a very practical thing these days (especially in these economic times).

• Nope, it was nice that you have a kind , thoughtful heart
    i would have done the same thing if i was dating a girl

What Girls Said 2

• I think its thoughtful of you and I'm sure he appreciated the gesture.

• Omg... YOU GAVE HIM $12? You could have just paid for ur own food... that is what i do. I understand why u did it but OH MYYY GOD. How were u not EMBARRASSED. Its okay, next time just pay for ur own food. But ur funny its just so hard to believe that u gave him $12 lol