What is so "WRONG" about women dating tall guys?

I hear this all the time from guys, "Girls go for the tall guys." Tall women say,"Short women take all the tall guys". I get bashed on both sides. My love and I are like that. I'm 5'2, he's 6'3. People get mad we are together for our height difference? I don't get why height matters so much to people especially concerning relationships. What's your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• There is nothing wrong with it. When people insult you for it they are showing jealousy. There is nothing wrong with your situation. If two people are "in love" then it shouldn't matter what others think.

Now some girls can be somewhat superficial on this,, they won't date a guy who is their perfect match but because he doesn't hit the 6 ft mark then he isn't dating material.

To flip the switch what if a guy you liked said; "I like you but I can't date a girl with small breasts, or a small butt, or who is too fat."

Now if these are a guy's standards for a girl then that's on him and its his personal decision but people be it man or a woman who make the decision to date or not date "solely" on physical characteristics tend to be more superficial.

Ignore the Haters, enjoy your relationship!

What Guys Said 15

• Why is it even an issue? I'm 6'4" and I've dated both tall and short girls. I really don't care much how tall someone is. It's actually the last thing I consider in a girl. I have never heard anyone say that. If you're say your height and you would only date guys who are over 6 feet, then I could see someone saying "c'mon you're not even tall" but otherwise I don't see how it matters.

• I see nothing wrong with it. The only thing I don't like personally is girls who are as short as you say they wouldn't go for a guy below 5'10 or 6 foot. Like come on, are guys like me (5'8) who are 6 and 7 inches taller really not tall enough for you? There are many girls like this. I was on some online dating site few years ago, don't remember which one it was but it asked for height preferences and literally majority of the girls below 5'5 chose that they are only looking for guys above 5'11 or 6 foot. It increases the shortage for the amount of tall men available for tall women and also increases the shortage of short women available for short and average height men to date.

• I don't see why people should lash out at y'all. To answer your question it has to do with nature, norms, and society. I personally don't discriminate when it comes to height.

• Fuck them! Worry about your happiness and then they can fuck right off. Nothing is wrong with it, it only matter to petty people who dont have someone to be happy with and to hold at night.

• Bitterness and jealousy? Herp derp.

• Height is one of those things that girls rave about, but it's not that significant. Personality and the way you carry yourself is significant.

And I've never heard girls say they're angry at short girls for taking all the tall men.

• There's nothing wrong with it at all. People will always be jealous.

• You got it backwards, whats wrong with girls dating shorter guys? Honestly ladies if you had to choose between two nearly identical men, both equally attractive, but ones shorter than you and the other is taller. Its no contest; the tall guy is going to be chosen. You'd be stupid to think otherwise.

• There's nothing wrong with it.

• I'm 6'3 and I've never been judged for being tall. Alllll my exes were 5'1 - 5'7.

• No... I'm 6'2" and my girlfriend is 5'6" or something... Maybe its just you LOL!

• Nothing stop crying about it

• i dont think its wrong. i actually benefit.

but it is wrong if you dont give men the same courtesy. so many women whine about men's preferences. then they wonder why men whine about women's requirements. if you say for example i only date guys above 6 feet, dont get offended by a guy that won't date girls with small boobs

• i honestly dont know any woman thats genuinely happy with a guy having requirements

• Nothing wrong with it. Is it a lot of people or is this that wacko from the other thread, Klaatu-something?

• It's shallow

• Why?

• As I said, I don't know your relationship, all I know is the question at hand, therefore, I say, it's shallow. Until you can come up with a valid reason why you only date tall men.. you're shallow

• I see your point. Thank you for the answer. Sorry my last point was very late.

What Girls Said 8

• Hahaha as the short woman with the tall man, no wonder you don't know.

BUT, as another short woman with a tall man, I have only a guess.

The tall women are still women and want to feel feminine. It's hard to feel feminine when you dwarf your S. O., other than the other way around. Height is a sign of masculinity (whether this is because of social manipulation or biological reasons, I don't know). Height, on a subconscious level, I think makes a woman feel safe to be around. Thus why they're attracted to height. Short men feel they cannot provide this feeling and so get angry. Tall women get mad because the tall men who are still tall enough to make them feel feminine and delicate are being snatched up by us short women. Shortness is seen as a sign of femininity (again, whether biologically or medially influenced, I don't know), so tall men, being men, want a feminine female. The taller he is compared to her, the more masculine he feels and the more feminine she feels. Works for both partners. And leaves those who are in the middle of the spectrum kind of out to dry.

Which is sad, but it appears to be how society is going right now.

• I don't see how you can't still be a female while being tall. The safe part is stupid. Height has nothing to do with security. Females just subconsciously think that. I'm short and I've never felt I couldn't "protect" a girl or that she wouldn't feel safe around me. Though many girls may feel that way. I think more tall guys would pick a girl who's tall but still shorter than them than a girl would pick a short guy. We all have feminine and masculine qualities, so it's kind of ridiculous how men want to be as masculine as possible and females want to be as feminine as possible. That can't happen. It's a unreachable goal. I guess I'm a different person because I'm as masculine as I have always been. Height doesn't change that.

• There's nothing wrong with it. My own parents have nearly 1 1/2 feet between them height wise. I'm 6'1" though and in the past when I was single, it was hard to find a guys who didn't want to only be with shorter girls. I used to see all the guys I was interested in get girls who were way shorter than me, and I felt like I was just being overlooked and left on the sidelines. And short guys were not interested in going out with me.

• Awwww. If I wasn't interested it wouldn't be because of your height.

• I'm average height with a 6'5 boyfriend and even I can see how that’s annoying!
    For guys: It would really suck to be a short guy and know that many women are height biased and will be instantly dismissive of you just because of your height. He could be an OUTSTANDING guy yet because of one thing he has absolutely zero control over, various attractive women won’t even give him a chance. That could be very discouraging!

For tall girls: Because short girls are small, a shorter guy will look tall next to them. Tall girls may have a complex about dating guys who are shorter than them. They may think they just look odd next to each other or they may have had guys who are shorter than them reject them in the pass. When really that rejection probably came from those shorter guys feeling some sort of insecurity at her possessing height he’ll never have. So why do short girls have to take tall guys when most guys, even if they’re shorter, are going to be taller than them? I can definitely see how that would be really annoying especially when short girls specifically go for taller guys. The taller girls probably feel like these little a** females are taking tall guys and it’s selfish/self-centered which in a way it kinda is.

• I'd agree with you expect that is not the case in my lover's, tall ex situation. She was very very tall but rejected him because of how he looked. He looks Middle Eastern but he's actually half Mexican. Tall women are picky as well.

• I think there is someone for everyone. Just have to wait for the right one. :)

• Girls who aren't interested just pay me no mind and I don't pay them any mind. That said it's never been a major problem for me. A good share still have interest in me.

• I think girls like to feel smaller than their bf. so when there is a tall girl she has fewer choices of guys to date because she's taller than lots of them. She thinks it's not fair for a short girl to take a guy that is out of her league tall.

• It's just guys being butthurt because they're short

• nothing is wrong..

• There's nothing wrong with it. Just people being jealous.

• Because its shallow.

Ah well, almost everyone is shallow.