I just started dating someone new, but I'm 22 and have zero dating experience. Is that going to be a problem?

So a few days ago I went on my first date with this guy that I met on an online dating site. He's really nice, really cute, and we have tons in common. We talked non-stop for 2 hours, and we've been texting non-stop since then- for the past three days. He asked me out for dinner in a couple days, and I'm super nervous.
See, I'm not a flirty, forthcoming person, and it takes me some time to be comfortable with someone. I'm just worried that he's gonna think I'm uninterested because I don't initiate a lot of stuff. Plus, I'm not a touchy-feely person either. I'm okay hugging if he initiates it, but kissing terrifies me. I'm kind of shy, and it just takes some time for me to get comfortable enough around someone to break the touch barrier. I need things to move slow because this is all so new to me, but for the first time ever, I'm actually embarrassed about my lack of experience.
Anyone have advice for me? Guys, would you be understanding about this if you liked a girl?

Most Helpful Girl

• Dating is terrifying for everyone. I've dated my whole life, I've had a really long relationship and short ones and today is still the day I go through all of that when I start a new one. The key is to take your time and let the other person know you're not looking to rush things.
    Even people with a lot of dating experience need to adap to a new person: everything is new and unknown, even the kissing part is new for someone who kissed their whole life, because kissing Fernando will not be like kissing Carlos, I assure you. So it's not like you're having a real disadvantage here, just because you don't have experience.
    He'll realize on his own that you want to take things slow, but if for some reason you think there's some doubts in the air, please talk about it. Talking things through is the solution to many things, I assure you. Good luck, it'll be alright :)

What Guys Said 5

• You will be fine, just tell him you have no dating experience, and you will be his first, if he is a nice guy, he will understand. Its better to tell him, than let him think your giving off the wrong signals, just tell him your nervous.

Just be yourself, and don't rush into anything. But at the same time, don't give the benefit of the dealt, get know to him first, let him earn your trust first, most people are just nice in the beginning, and then reveal their true colors later on.

He can't expect too much from you yet, the whole of dating is getting know you each other. So don't take it too seriously. Just relax, and get to know him, its not as if your are getting married to him.

If it was me, I wouldn't care about your dating history, I would want to get to know you. Thats my objective.

Don't expect too much from each other yet, just get know to each other. Thats the whole of dating.

• The whole of point of dating is getting know each other, nothing more. Once you feel comfortable with each other, then decide to take it to the next level.

• you're inexperienced so you're now going to get experienced through trial and error. its not a problem, its just life. don't go head in first trying to know everything already.

• Just be yourself, be honest, communicate and treat those the way you want to be treated! You'll be fine!

• Oh yes absolutely. I'm a shy person too and I like the step by step approach.
    If there's really chemistry than one day you'll be sitting next to each other and just feel that need to kiss.
    But to me it would be absolutely no problem if it would take 2 or 3 months. As long as there would be a nice atmosphere of liking each other when we met I would enjoy the situation you describe.

• You should be fine and actually it;s good to postpond these physical stuff untill you really like him and want him (and you think he is as well). Cuz it's usually misleading

What Girls Said 1

• I think most guys can decide wether a girl is shy or uninterested. Just take things easy and don't overthink your actions and reactions.