I ask this girl to hang out and she said maybe?

So I ask this girl out at school she has college classes the opposite days of me I see her once in a while, I ask her if she wanted to hangout when she had some free time when we were both off and she said maybe... Now I am very careful not confuse niceness for flirting but she was smiling laughing and never broke eye contact and we got along so well (unless I'm really slow the past couple times we talk she was flirting with me, busting my balls playing with her hair etc) I really thought she say yes, then I say u wanna give me ur number and u can decide then she tells me she never gives her number out to anyone so I suggested her taking mine and she happily accept. So basically I know the ball is in her court but for future reference when a girl saids maybe what does it mean?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe can go one of two ways...
    If she said it straight face - she means, "maybe" i will think on it and if i ever think of you when i am free i will know you want to get together and i will maybe message you.
    (that was described a little extreme lol)

& if she said it smiling after a good conversation - "maybe", I want to but i have to a lot happening but I will definitely keep this in mind.

... Also, if she says it laughing in a flirtatious way, she is simply being a girl (flirtatious) and soaking in the fact that she now knows you are interested.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• That would be a no-go in my book, X2 when she refused to give out her number.

• "maybe" means she's not that into you.

• When a woman says, "maybe," it likely means she is playing games. Her ambiguity means she wants the guy to chase her or to continue trying to get her to reply with a yes. Either way, she likely does not have a high level of interest in a guy.