Would you date a girl who was chubby but had a nice face and personallity?

I am overweight, but I am trying to lose it. I don't look obese or anything, I just have more fat than I want. I also have long curly hair, and (this is kind of embarrassing) big breasts. I've also been told by other people that I am pretty and have a nice smile. Would you still date me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Listen kid, remember this forever... Personality trumps skinny ANY given day, and if you add a beautiful smile to it, then there is no competition. At the same time, you should never settle for anything less than what you want, don't be snotty, but don't date a "chubby" guy because you are so, it will only bring you down intellectually and that wonderful personality you may have.

Most women spend hours doing make up, worrying about boob size, how skinny/fat they are... But for a man, And I mean MAN not a boy or an immature idiot like some of the responses below... Your smile and your personality will be enough to sweep them off their feet.

So stop worrying about this stuff, you will be just fine :)

What Guys Said 6

• All my ex-girlfriends were overweight girls so i still
    like bigger girls , i really don't like real skinny girls
    i like a girl with nice smile, great personality i want
    girl who isn't sarcastic cause it can be hurtful even
    if i would lose lot weight, i would still be interested in
    dating bigger girls or if i had a girl i would still love her

• Probably not to be honest. It wouldn't be fair to me, and even more so her because I'm very much a "grass is greener on the other side," type guy, and I'd probably be jealous all the time of other men. She'd probably feel ugly and bad about herself all the time.

• I definitely would if you were older. I don't care about body size all that much.

• If I was your age and single, then yes I would if our personalities clicked.

• Yes I would. But it depends on the girl itself, a nice face means different things to people, so pics please! :-)

• I've seen some quite good looking "chubby" girls it all depends on how they "wear" their fat.
    IE: if it's spread out or gives them curves like a nice bum and such than it can look very nice.

depending on what you looked like I may date you or at least become a close friend. I have a friend who's a bit larger but not obese or anything and she's had 2 or 3 boyfriends that I know of so there are guys out there who can see a girls personality and charm through their looks. :)

it's good that you would like to loose weight just make sure you are still eating meats and all the foods your body needs. I have a friend who in the last year or more lost quite a lot of weight and he looks amazing.

What Girls Said 2

• Girls of all shapes and sizes still find boyfriends. It's not your weight, hair, or face that will do it. I was considered pretty in highschool and was passed over by all sorts of different girls because the guy I liked had a type. If a guy likes your body and personality then he'll find you cute no matter what. By the way, I was overweight in highschool too. Some guys were put off by it, some liked it, some didn't care. I did what I liked and wore clothes to fit my shape and that's all I could do. The objective wasn't to be liked by all, but to be liked by the right one.

• Thank you. I just see all of my skinny friends getting dates left and right, and the thing that hurts is that I've never even been asked out before. I am homeschooled, so I don't see many guys, but the guys that I do know like my friends. I recently went to a sleepover, and this girl told everyone that a few guys that I liked (she doesn't know I like them) liked her, so that kind of makes me lose hope.

• My dear I wasn't asked out until I was 16. All my friends up to that point had been and I felt awful too. I was always told I was pretty and not to sound conceited but I knew I was prettier than many other girls, but what I lacked was the confidence to know that I was perfectly okay just being on my own too. I craved being asked out and I think it put guys off. Anyway, it really is true what they say about when you don't look for it, it will happen, and it did for me at a later age. I don't regret that and look back on it now and think my friends all got asked out and had mini-relationships from 11-16 that were quite silly and think they needed them for stupid reasons rather than really wanting a guy in their life. They just wanted to show off. I at least never did that and was glad I had kept my wits about me and just let my first boyfriend come along under better circumstances. :) Good luck

• Thank you! My mother tells me I'm prettier than most girls, but I can't tell if she's saying that just because she's my mother or not.

• Oh, I'm waiting for guys to answer because this is what I wonder! this is exactly how I look :) Let's see.