Would you have a problem dating a guy ~3 years younger than you?

Also, what age are you.

Do you prefer your partner to be younger, slightly older, or the same age?

I am saying this because I am 21 and like a girl who is 24 but she is hesitant to be receptive towards my advances, maybe due to my age? I am attractive, tall, slim, kind, funny, and well educated (no bragging) so I can't possibly think of another thing that she doesn't like.

I guess I will just look for a younger girl.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well the fact that you have to put "no bragging" is bragging XD

I say she is dissing you because of your age if you're really that nice. She could find you as a stereotypical cocky 21 yr old male. She might be looking for someone that appears more mature and is going into a career or that can help her in some way. You wouldn't know until you asked her yourself.

Myself I like older guys, but I would date 3 years below me if the are home bodies and are very mature, but not a smart alic. It's all in how you carry yourself. I'm 21 years of age so I kind of wouldn't want to date a 19 yr old because they are fresh out of high school where they are a bit more mature, but not really. Oh yea! I want to go to the club!

You should try to find someone else because... her uppity butt doesn't feel you like that.

What Girls Said 9

• I think the hesitation comes in when considering the differences that may be there as far as where you are in life compared to her perhaps.

She just needs to get to know you.

• I am twenty-two and I have recently started only seeing older guys (24-28) because they have more of their life together - for the most part -. However, if I met someone around my age that was mentally on the same page as me, goal wise, motivation and life - I would date them, absolutely.

• I would have a problem as I'm 15 so it would make the guy 12. However if I was 24 I wouldn't mind the guy being 21. Personally I prefer the guy to be roughly the same age as me or maybe a year or two older. However I have had feelings for guys older than that too.

• I'm currently 18 and I don't think I would date a 15 year old. But I would date a 21 year old when I'm 24. We'd both be adults and when I like someone, I like someone.

• i would if we can click
    but prefer older guys because of stability
    i am 36 yo

• I'm 19, my boyfriend is 22. The oldest person I've dated was a 24 year old when I was 18, and the youngest was a sixteen year old when I was 17.

• I wouldn't date someone younger than me I feel it's weird. I'm 19 and u would date someone older than me 5 years no more

• You would love it if a 28 year old handsome established man asked you out. Don't lie.

• Who wouldn't :D but when it comes to dating nope

• Yeah.. I think it's because of your age. I'm 23 and last year (so when I was 22) there was this guy that I really connected with, but he was 20. I couldn't let myself pursue anything further with him because of his age, and I felt that we were at different stages in our lives. I was going into grad school, while he's still in his undergrad. Now that I think back though it was pretty stupid though.

• I'm 29 and I'd date a guy 19 years old if I like him.

• I wouldn't mind unless we are both over 21

What Guys Said 1

• I'm chasing after a girl that's 5 years old than me.

It depends on your relationship.

I was the kind of guy before I met this particular girl, I always looked for girls younger than me. You'll cut out a lot of good girls if box yourself into stupid rules.