A question for the girls. Are our ages just too far apart?

I met a woman considerably younger than I this past weekend. It was a strange set of events, but we ended up going out for something small to eat, and we talked for a long time. It was both enjoyable and a little exciting too. We kissed and hugged good-bye and it felt very right, but our age difference is 10 years. You can roughly figure out our ages from my profile. She seems not bothered by it, but I wonder if the women here would see that as a problem. Will there come a day when our ages dictate different paths or that a guy her age may come along? A part of me says proceed along and for now, don't take it too seriously. Another part says this could result in problems if the relationship ever got serious. Your opinion please.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's that big of a problem at the moment. Yes, there is risk. You may end up parting ways with her because of age and what you both want at a certain age. However, a couple of roughly the same age may end up wanting different things and split up also. As for her leaving with a man her age, that's also not a unique problem because of the age gap. She may leave you for someone younger, or for someone older than you. There's always that possibility.

In any relationship, there would be risks and a chance of breaking up. However, don't let that stop you if you like her. 10 years between two adults is hardly an notable difference. Don't let that be a problem. Just enjoy it and see were it leads you. Good luck.

• I think you may be right. I am often the one on GaG telling others that age is not an issue especially if you are older and suddenly I am sensitive to it.

• I think you may just be too close to the situation. Don't worry.

• Thank you for the MH! Good luck :)

What Girls Said 9

• It's about life experiences and maturity. If you guys are on the same page with that, then your ages are just numbers.

• An age gap is fine. The normal rule is that the other person has to be older than your age divided by two plus seven.

• Love has no rules, it can not be defined by equations and principles. You know that.

• I also know that sometimes other people are creeped out by it. I'm not saying it's a solid rule to stick to but some age gaps are insane.

• That's not a big difference.

• Hi, I don't think age is even a problem. If the two of you are fine with the age gap- then it's cool :)
    The gap between my bf and me is almost 11yrs and we're fine with it.

• Do you think of the possibility that you and he may separate because of the age difference?

• I broke up with him. But now 6 months after, we're together and more stronger as a couple.
      There's no way we'd separate over age

• Love matters, age gap doesn't.

• age is just a number

• Well if she's in her twenties and you in your thirties, it's kinda different to her in her thirties you in your forties.
    Either way, if she's already "been there, done that" it's more likely to work than if she hasn't experienced much of life yet. If she seems like it doesn't bother her and she doesn't bring it up, then it really doesn't bother her. Really every relationship has the potential to fail or to succeed, you never know, whether she's you're age 10 years older or 10 years younger, all you can do is enjoy yourself and see what the future brings.

• When I was 20 my boyfriend was 40
    so I wouldn't see an issue with that. in fact I prefer to date guys minimum 10 years older. I get along with them better. Can't stand guys younger than that.

• Guess this age gap is pretty common.

• C'mon, what's wrong with my comment?

What Guys Said 0