Is being a girly girl/feminine woman bad in this era for dating etc?

I'm what people can call a girly-girl. I enjoy make up, fashion and cute things. I like classy pieces, reading and writing/poems. Personality, I am a person that cannot swear or use bad/trashy slang. I have good manners, always saying please and thank you etc. I never questioned getting married, in fact I want to and when I do, I am going to be submissive. Not too much like if he abuses me I will stand up, but I will care for the kids and home all that. I plan to work but if needed I would quit to be at home.

Recently, I been hearing and have been told that in this time men are not attracted to that. They want the bad ass image, a girl who isn't too submissive and stuff.
So yeah should I learn to be less girly or just keep going.

Please do not just say: Your fine the way you are or A guy will like you for you.

I'm 17 by the way and I have never dated so yeah.

Most Helpful Guy

• What's good for dating is being honest about who you are, and not putting out a false image. The reason ultra-femininity is seen less now is because many women are being honest about what they are like, and not all of them are really stereotypically feminine. That does not mean that femininity is bad. If a girl is actually feminine, that's fine. It's a problem if she's just doing it to maintain an image and isn't really herself.

• Im actually feminine ever since I was young, I tried to put up the bad-ass image and it was bad for me.

What Guys Said 10

• there's nothing like being yourself, and only yourself ms. Thats what makes this world so unique, you have people with different styles in general. If your saying your a girly girl, then thats great to hear, there's nothing wrong with that.

• Is that what they write in girls magazines nowadays? Next they will try to tell you men won't find you marriageable if you don't at least have 50 previous partners.

• I hope not.. none of the magazines I've read told me that. In fact they encourage a woman's femininity. I was told from people and reading on the internet.

• Well, on the other hand I've never been to Slovenia so who knows. But I think sticking with what feels right in your heart is your best bet still.

• Its pretty much like any other country here.. a lot of the younger generation is trying to rebel and that.

• Not at all. Being a so-called 'girly-girl' is quite attractive to a lot of guys in this day and age, but everyone is different.

• I know the media and feminists bash the concept of gender roles, but women are supposed to be feminine and attracted to men who are supposed to be masculine. That is not a bad thing!

• Nope being a girly girl and feminine is great! Being masculine and wanting 100% equality is emasculating men though.

• No. Feminine women are not a bad trait. In fact, they have slightly better chances at landing them a good man.

• Is being a girly girl/feminine woman bad in this era for dating etc?
    Absolutely not.

• I'm especially attracted to feminine girls actually.

• We at the Patriarchy suggest that men only date feminine women such as yourself. Bless you, cupcake. Just avoid the evils of feminism and save yourself for marriage.

• You sound FAR more appealing than the "bad ass girl". Masculine guys prefer feminine girls. Just don't be too high maintenance and you'll be fine.

• i'm not high maintenance as long as I'm healthy its alright. I know how to be practical too.

• Then you sound like a woman who will have no problem getting a good man.

What Girls Said 0