Why are white people so sought after when they age the worst?

It's no secret that white people are the most desired ethnicity when it comes to dating. Just one look around GAG and you'll see dozens of "do white guys like..." and "do white girls date..." questions.

But the thing is that most white people age pretty badly, especially white women. Why date someone who's only going to be hot until they're like 35?

Black and Asian women age the best in my opinion so why not go after an ethnicity that's beauty will likely last longer?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 19

• I think this is a fairly desperate attempt to rationalize a weakness in white people because you're annoyed at their popularity on here.

I agree there is probably a lose correlation between damaged skin and fair skin. This would relate to Asian people as well as many Hispanic due to many having light skin.

The term "aging'is a horrible way to describe looks not holding up. Aging is really more of a medical thing.

Looking at obesity would make sense because of how much it hurts health along with it lowering attractiveness to most people. Whites have much lower obesity rates than black and Hispanic people, but Asians destroy everyone. This is why I think Asians are perceived as aging well I think.

This post started out as a comment so the context is sloppy but you get the idea

• Thats not universally true and is a generalization. All people age and some individuals more than others no matter what race they are.
    I've seen very old looking asians, blacks, arabs who weren't actually that old.

I'm a good example even, I'm white and I'm in my late 20's but people assume me to be in my early 20's.

• Because the media have brainwashed society into believing that they are the most desirable and people feed into it. I think there's beauty in all races though.

• You sound salty my friend. Do you want a tissue to wipe away those tears?

• What tears?

• The one's that were rolling down your cheeks when you were typing this racist guff.

Stay salty and watch those men ignore you for Whitey. No man regardless of race likes a bitter queen with an attitude as stinky as her self-entitlement issues.

• i'm not white but white girls are by far most attractive. prob for guys as well. for girls think of it like this the standard of beauty for indians blacks Asians etc is basically how white u are. they need to have white nose, light skin, etc. and i've seen tons of hot white moms so even tho they look old they still look hot. and Asian girls are not as attractive as white girls and i find black men more attractive than black women and i'm straight.

• Portfolio ages the best?

No? Come on it was a little funny...

• Are you black or asian?
    You seem very jealous XD

• I'm half black and Native American. I'm not jelly loll the thought just popped into my head and I'm genuinely curious. I know I'm beautiful, so there's nothing to be jealous of. It was actually my white male friend that made a joke about this which is what got me thinking.

• Because everybody imagines they will only live in the present time. Nobody thinks about aging.

• Power and privilege.

• Tearing down others because you feel threatened is a common theme. If they wish to date White that's their preference. I'm sure you have some yourself.

• Maybe most sought after to you.

• Probably because we invented pretty much everything except peanut butter and fireworks...

• and the traffic light and the iron.

• im not being mean i just thought we were gonna have a jeopardy moment

• You invented nothing. You're another poor white w/o a stem degree who tries to identify with the very few useful wet dogs. And this country is in severe debt

• I'm white and I've never dated. I sense a lot of buttmad in this post.

• All I know is I enjoy being sought after by all those cute brown ladies.

• That's why I picked an Asian girl I'm 75% white

• The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

• "Black and Asian women age the best in my opinion."

I don't find anyone over 40 attractive, so why not date a race I consider pretty now?

• Because white women are at least attractive at some point in their lives unlike other women.

• Putting white people down is so much better than promoting white people...

• I'm stating a fact. White people age quickly compared to most other ethnicities. I'm sorry if that's a tough pill for you to swallow.

• 1. It IS a fact that white people age badly because their skin is more sensitive to sun rays. Stop being sensitive. Does every single white person age quickly? Obviously not. Does every single black/Asian age well? Hell no. But from my experience white people do ON AVERAGE age faster.

2. And no people do not date only for beauty but it's a huge component. No one will date someone that they aren't sexually attracted to. We can play the whole "what's on the inside is the only thing that matters" game but we both know it's bullshit. A girl can be nice, funny, intelligent, and everything else under the sun but if she's unattractive, you won't give her the time of day.

3. And you don't know the first thing about me as I do not know anything about you so lets stop getting personal, eh? Name one fact about me to support your claim that I'm a bad person? Just because I'm pointing something out that people are apparently very sensitive about does not say anything about my character.

This post started out as a comment so the context is sloppy but you get the idea.

What Girls Said 20

• Because, picking someone to date based on how well there going to age,
    is a stupid reason to pick somebody. And, whats makes you think white
    women don't age well? My mom is 61 and doesn't look it. None
    of my female family members look there age. So, maybe some white women
    don't age well, but you can't group them all together. That goes for any race really.
    Sure you could find black and Asian women that age gracefully and you'll find
    others, that don't. Aging is something that happens to everybody and eventually,
    everybodies gonna have to face this. We can't be young and beautiful forever, it's not
    possible. So, it doesn't matter why one female race is more sought after then
    the other. What matters is knowing that we all age (all races) and when we do, we
    should hope to have someone by our side who loves us and picked us for who
    we are and what we bring to each others lives. That's what matters. That's just me though.

• Umm I won't say it's only white people who age terrible and only Blacks and Asians age well, it seriously depends on a couple of facts but I'm too lazy to type them out lol Ughh I'll put some like genes, some just age well, if you drink, smoke, eat unhealthy ect. you will age terribly. I understand what you are trying to say but I guess white guys seem more attractive sometimes?

• Well, I'll be damned. Didn't realize life was over for me at 35 considering I am 34 now and I look no where near my age, I look about 25-30 and my parents look young as well. In my opinion it all has to do with genetics, doesn't matter what race you are.

• Well, that's nice.

• i don't think that "race aging" in society is a true issue really. How about the issue that American society deems all (yes all) women useless after they leave their reproductive years, You see a bunch of older women in commercials promoting age creams to stay young and how to lose 10 years where as older men do commercials promoting their age for "gaining wisdom and experience". I'm not tryna wash ur issue I just think we should take a look at the bigger picture as well as all other components because after all we are are merely mortal humans no?

• Not all women are deemed useless after they leave their reproductive years. Just the ones who squandered their reproductive years and didn't get married and have children. Mothers and grandmothers are still loved and respected, long as they raised their children well, and stayed faithful to their husband. There are plenty of 35+ year old women without kids though who were too busy being a bigshot Burger King manager or some shit to settle down, and those women will pretty much be left out in the cold. To be honest the same thing could happen to a man, an older man without any wife or kids may not have anyone to care for him either. Everyone benefits from the traditional family unit. Unfortunately feminists like to brainwash young women into thinking that it's some kind of trap.

• um fuck that shit. successful does not mean they will be left out in the cold. The world Circulates around men and frankly it's a disgusting system. Why should a room full of men vote on whether or not a woman has rights to her own body? These same men, Whom get double the chances in STEM programs want to be over women! Not to mention the pay gap. We need feminism for equality

• Have you looked at Jennifer Aniston or Kate Beckinsdale lately? Not all of us go through a horrific transformation after 35.

• Lol celebrities are not a reflection of the average women. These women have access to the best makeup artist, personal trainers, and plastic surgeons.

• Celebrities are a terrible example. Anyways, I've seen quite a few white women who look younger than their age.

• Again, I thank you for repeating a previously made point, your assistance has greatly increased my understanding as I am unable to fully grasp things the first time I read them.

• Hahahaha this is why I'm glad I'm asian, I'll still look 15 when I'm 100 😂😂😂

• So many privileges come with being white. Also through history white people where always top class, so being with white people gives you a social status. Also the world has adapted to believe in euro style beauty

• Maybe but you'll see the drabs in all ethnics eventually. Not just white.

• post-colonialism

• People are color struck especially black people.

• This is an ignorant shallow question. There's more to someone than their race and the way that they look. Pull your head out of your ass and gain some confidence no matter what race you are. Like seriously, grow up. Next.

• media.giphy.com/media/NfBtG6IEuEBAk/giphy.gif hahaha you know you're gonna piss off all these white people on GAG

• Because people can date who ever they want
    Not sure why it rustles your jimmies that some men and even women find white men and women beautiful

• I bet this is that same chick that asked that question, "I'm half black and Native American but I don't date black guys, why?"
      For a women who refuses to date black men and dates mainly Latino and white men you sure put down white people a lot

• Umm number 1 its not even just about looks. You can be the most beautiful looking person and if you dont have a personality to back it up than it doesn't even matter what u look like. Looks attract people but dont keep them. And second it doesn't matter about what someones race is. You sound racist And shallow. Shame on you

• 1. looks matter. Stop lying to yourself. A guy can be sweet, funny, smart, blah blah blah bug I guarantee that if you think he's ugly you won't date him.

2. Not racist, just curious. I've dated white men in the past and grew up around mostly white people.

• Who cares about race? I wish people would shut up about it. Like children OH YOU'RE A DIFFERENT COLOR OOOOOOOO smh

• Actually based on tests online the most popular race is Asians. Look it up online it's pretty interesting.

thesocietypages.org/.../

• Wow that is very interesting. I never thought that Asian women would be so popular among Latinos.

• That's not universally true and is a generalization. All people age and some individuals more than others no matter what race they are because it depends on a lot of factors, genetic, social environment, financial status, lifestyle.

I wonder if you realize that by white bashing you ironically put out in public that you are very insecure about your own race.

• Honey please, I'm not "white bashing." I grew up around mostly white people and have actually dated a couple white men in the past. There's nothing wrong with white people. I'm just curious to why white people are the beauty standard and so desired when on average (not always) their beauty is more short lived then those of other races. It's an observation. I think you are just very sensitive about your own race.

• they don't age horribly but they do age faster since their skin is more sensitive to sun rays. I'm not saying that white people look like hags as soon as they turn 40, but if you compare them to other races they don't age as well. It's just a fact, not necessarily something to be ashamed of. Just like black people on average have much shorter hair than white people and I'm super okay with that. There's no point in getting sensitive over facts.

• I could turn the table around and say I don't mind someone with a few wrinkles and not have to have someone at my side who is half bald from all their weaves, straighteners, and needs to wear a wig.

At the end of the day, this is not the most important factor when deciding whom do I share the rest of my life with.

• Honestly Media.. their friends. Sometimes for status. And sometimes they actually find love.

• What atomiccarot said- power and privilege. Those non-white men who choose white women regret their decisions soon after their lady hits her 30s LOL.

• Exactly. White women start off really hot but after thirty, MAYBE 35 if they're lucky... not so much. lol not a very smart investment.