Why would a taken woman want to go out with another guy?

I went out with a woman a few times at my college. I find out she's married. She claims her husband is mean and abusive to her. I didn't care. I told her to go home to her husband. I want nothing to do with a woman who is taken. Even if it's friendly, I want nothing to do with them. At the risk of sounding paranoid, I don't want to deal with an angry husband. Sometimes they will beat the crap out of you or worse. Why do some taken women do this?

Most Helpful Guy

• You are correct to keep your distance. Women want attention and some drama. She may just be looking for a sucker to do something for her or to him. The moment she said marriage is the time to go. You did correct.

• I told her to leave me alone or I will tell her husband everything. She backed off.

What Girls Said 3

• Well i'm not married haha, but i have been in a violent relationship. When i went out (like hung out) with guys i was more myself and at ease. It was like i was myself again. I was carefree i didn't have to worry about going home and facing my (now ex bf). She probably enjoys your company and wished that she was with you instead of her currrent husband. With you she probably felt more at ease and protected by you. Thats all that women want. Someone who can care and protect them from any harm and danger. I know your like pissed off but put yourself in her shoes ok :)

• Well obviously she should have told you, but there are a buncha reasons why she would wanna cheat to begin with, not saying it's right most of the time. I've been in a couple less than pleasant relationships where I ended up being unfaithful but mostly because I was really afraid to end things with my bf

• Why does anyone cheat on their husband or wife? People have different reasons. Sometimes they get bored in marriage. Sometimes their husband/wife isn't satisfying them. Sometimes there is abuse - abuse doesn't have to be physical. He could verbally abuse her.

I don't think cheating is okay if you agreed to a monogamous, committed relationship like marriage. If she tries to contact you again, perhaps you can point her to a Battered Women's Shelter or Planned Parenthood or some other resource for abused women. If she really is abused then she needs to get help and get out of that marriage.

• She can help herself. I told her to never contact me again or I'll tell her husband everything.

What Guys Said 1