My boyfriend wants me to take birth control because his parents want me to?

My boyfriend of 7 months wants me to take birth control because his parents think I'm irresponsible for not already taking something. I'm almost 18 (he's 16) and I feel that I am responsible enough to make my own decisions. He has always respected my decision to not be taking anything but now out of nowhere he wants me taking something or our relationship is done I've ruled out any sort of pill or UDI sort of thing because I'm not okay with anything unnatural. We decided that a diaphragm would be ok. But every time I think of us going to the bedroom and having to stop what we are doing so I can put the thing I know it would kill my mood. I don't know what to do anymore. I want to keep the relationship going and I know relationships are about compromise but I can't see myself enjoying sex if that's what it's going to take to make him and his parents happy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm against birthcontrol. I agree it's freaking unnatural and I feel it would mess up my body and period. It's your body, if you don't want to do it, DON'T!
    Do not do something you don't want to do to keep a boy. If he's a good boyfriend he'll respect your decision.

• Aw! Thanks for MHO.
      And good luck! I hope you do the right thing :)

What Guys Said 6

• WHOA WHOA PUMP THE BRAKES do you understand when you turn 18 in the eyes of the law your an adult woman now having sex with a mnor a child under the age of 18 that is statutory rape and yes a woman can be charged with this regardless of what his parents say you need to put a CLOSED sign on your Vagina and cease all sexual contact with this boy. The law will not care that your BF/GF a minor cannot legally give consent to sexual activity this is a Felony you can be charged with contributing to the deliqunecy of a minor statutory rape, sexual battery, all 3 are Class A Felonies and if you two were crazy enough to exchange nude photos you are guilty of being in possesion of child P*rnography and distributing same.

You need to cool it with this boy and wait till he is of age that will be age 18.

PLease take me very serious on this I dont want to see you end up going to prison and having to register as a sex offender and ruin your life for ever.

• she is in Canada and you're in united states. does it still apply?

• Bro u are right i know very little about the last but i know that 16 years of age is very less for being a father so, stopp

• The age of consent in Canada is 16. Fairly recently raised from 14. There is a near age exception as well, if you are < 5 years apart and the younger is 14 or 15.

This is legal.

• You can put a diaphragm in up to 6 hours before hand.

If you think that's one you'd like to try, then get one, learn to use it properly, and give it a shot.

Make a good informed decision that you are confident with. If you are confident in your decision, you'll be confident standing up for your decision.

• Q: do you want to at the end of the day its your body your choice

• It's cuz you're 18 and he's 16. You're more mature technically but they're probably afraid u might convince him that protection is not that necessary. That's what THEY think. Even though ur responsible. I guarantee it was his mom's idea

• Of course we are using protection, I'm in no means of looking to be a mother at this age. I just feel like I should be told by someone else's mother to be doing something I don't want to do let alone anyone really.

• Dang that's awkward lol. So she wants u guys to use two forms of prevention then? Have u looked into getting an IUD? My gf said it was painless and she can't feel it doing her normal things. That's the only protection we use and sometimes I don't even pull out. It's been 2 years with no scares

• Yeah I've looked into that too but it's hard for me to find medications I can actually take because I'm allergic to a lot of them.

• What are you using now to prevent pregnancy?
    Or are you trying to be a mother...

• Condoms of course and even with them he pulls out

• OK, that's relatively safe, but you might want to add spermicide to the mix, just to be sure.

• Well, uh, "all natural" solutions = baby. So, there you go.

• That's not true. Go look up some facts

• Condom + birth control is not perfect either though.

• Says the 18 year old! Yeah, cause ol' maids elixirs worked for thousands of years reliably before The Pill. Get upset all you want, Sweetheart. Sex has a biological purpose. And Mesonfield is right - it can happen despite all the MODERN countermeasures. There's only one sure way not to get pregnant, and you've decided you don't want to do that. Make your choices, live with the consequences. Learn YOUR facts.

What Girls Said 4

• No one can force you to do anything.

My parents and my boyfriend's parents want us using some form of contraception. His parents want me on the pill, and my parents want him to use condoms. I have a blood condition where taking the pill would give me an 85% chance of having another stroke - one that would be 3x as likely to kill me than my last one (happened when I was a baby, I'm totally recovered and normal).

But seeing as my boyfriend and I don't have sex, the need for any form of contraception seems rather ridiculous.

Personally I feel that at the age you two are at and the length of your relationship sex should be completely off the table and not even a thing that should be anywhere near happening, but that's just me.

• And I've considered abstinence as an option but he says his parents wouldn't believe him if he told them that.

• That's what I said, but his parents are dead set on keeping us apart if I don't do something

• Well that's just too bad for them.

• that's fine, it's your body, but condoms are not 100%. They are the thing that can physically brake and fail. Have you considered a non-hormonal IUD? I'm with you on the birth control, I don't want hormones pumped into my body either, so I went for the copper coil. Fertility comes back as soon as it is removed as it's the copper which prevents the egg from attaching to the side of the womb, no waiting for it to wear off when you want it out, and it can last up to twelve years with no hassle.

• maybe they don't want you to get pegnant

• You really should get on bc in my opinion it's just safer than not. Have you thought about maybe the patch or nuva ring?

• Yeah but neither of them work with what I feel would be ok