Can guys play mind games? Is my boyfriend doing it to me without me knowing?

So I went out one evening and texted him that I was going out with some girl friends, he said fine and I was supposed to text him when I got home. It ended up being a bit late and he texted me "goodnight" because he was going to sleep. Up on till that point he didn't go out till the morning, but now he's out every single friday.

And when I told him after 3 fridays that I actually wasn't waiting for his texts and that I went to sleep, he asked me to text him goodnight when I did - i think its because that way he'd be sure that i was waiting for him like he did.

The other night I went to sleep veeeeery early, and the next day he texted me very late and asked about my day, and i said i have a great day, and told him i didn't go to work today because my boss told me not to, and he asked if I knew that the night before and I said no. He always ask these tricky questions to test me. That night he went to sleep earlier than me and I knew he might have been pissed from the night before. He has never in four months gone to sleep that early whereas Im more of an A person.

Most Helpful Guy

• "he asked if I knew that the night before and I said no. He always ask these tricky questions to test me."

How is that a tricky question?

"He has never in four months gone to sleep that early whereas Im more of an A person."

Maybe he was tired, and say what?

Also people here can and will enable your paranoia.

What Guys Said 3

• I can say with certainty that us guys can definitely play mind games. I can't speak for your boyfriend, so I don't know what is going through his head. A good thing for you to do is talk to him and find out his reasoning without attacking him or offending him. I'm sure a simple conversation will clear things up! Good Luck!!!

• Sounds immature to me. Leave this guy or your life will be taken over by a controlling freak who plays mind games.

• So you consider this as mind game and control?

• No doubt this is a mind game. Waste of your time. Delete this guy from your contacts list but be prepared for him to come crawling back and play the same silly games. He's immature and is expecting you to fall into his web. Surely he's gotten attention with this behavior before and is expecting the same from you. Give into him now and he'll escalate this. Stop it now and he'll most likely move on to the next women who's into him. Believe me, you will be better off.

• Maybe he thinks you're playing mind games. You guys should talk properly.

What Girls Said 0