Would you ever dare to be on a date with yourself?

So I always found this idea very intersting...

Imagine that is Saturday night or Sunday afternoon, you've got nothing to do and your friends aren't available, you're single, would you just dare to go out by yourself and enjoy your own company?

This way you would not only get to know yourself better but you will also increase your experiences and (who knows) meet someone while you're there (because when you're alone it's easier for other people to approach us). Isn't it a great idea?

The thing is... I tried this a couple of times and I always find me too conscious about myself and thinking what other people will think when they see me there all by myself, so I just end up not knowing what to do, where to look, I grab my phone a million times and just walk away after a few minutes lol

• Absolutely, I do that often :)
  • No, and I hate the idea of being alone :\
  • Yes, never done this but now I'm going to :D
I know so many girls that would never do this, would never go to a bar or a coffee shop on their own.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do that. It is not something I get offended or feel uncomfortable. I find going alone pretty interesting. You read books while drinking your coffee, listen some cool music. Etc
    But If I have chance, I go with friends. I have fun that way too. I like talking people, little chatting. Both of them are ok as long as people are happy :)

What Guys Said 7

• I almost always go places alone, like 95% of the time. Mostly I go out to eat. I don't even take a phone because it's "me time". I usually chat with the servers and maybe the manager. I go out to eat a lot so I get to know them somewhat. There's even a server I've thought about asking out.

I've also traveled fairly extensively by myself. Driving, hitch-hiking, bus, train, plane. I've probably spent a couple years alone in motels while traveling and working out of town. I like it.

Some places I don't go alone. Like I don't go to nicer restaurants alone. I've never been to a movie alone but I know people who have.

Some places like museums or art galleries I prefer someone to share it with, but I'll go alone if there's someplace I want to go. I also go to sporting events alone.

I almost always go shopping alone, or to the mall to just eat and look around.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a people person. But I just like a lot of quiet time.

• Yeah, I do this with some regularity, actually. Most of the time I'll just go to one of my favorite little indie coffee shops and overload on coffee or tea, eat a biscotti and listen to music, read a book, or just surf the internet.

I also have a local brewery that I'll go to once in a while by myself to just chill and take in a ballgame, order some food, and just relax. But to be fair I know several of the regulars there and I usually end up sitting and shooting the shit with them, so it's not ALWAYS in complete solitude. But it's fun either way.

• I do enjoy the occasional joy of solitude
    just find somewhere quite to lie under a tree and listen to the wind.

Or standing on the roof of a building, a mountain or really just anywhere up high
    where the wind is strong and you can see far away. Those two are my favorites when being alone. ^.^

• Listening to the wind... that sounds really nice and peaceful :)

• It's really great for relaxing or just thinking/seeing things in perspective.

In other words, it's great
      for finding yourself. ^.~

• I do that constantly. Can't really remember the last time I went out with friends

• I've found lately that my friends are becoming boring to me. I'm adventurous and well they're still doing the same things they were doing years ago. They're still my friends , I like to kick it with them but the reality is I'm just out growing them. So I often go out and do the things my heart desires , if that means going alone so be it. I've actually met a couple of people while doing this activities , it's cool as now I have more friends that have common interests. Life is short , get out there live it. You would kick yourself if you look back in 10 years with regret wishing you did more while you could ! If you passed away tomorrow would you feel satisfied?

• I do that a lot. I've never thought of myself as particularly daring.

• Wait... I do that all time, didn't know it's a negative thing? forever alone lol

• I don't think it's a negative thing! I actually love this idea and want to be able to do this :)

What Girls Said 8

• hmm, the only times iv ever done that are when i go shopping lol. I'm the type who likes to be with people in really fun places. i mean i could if i wanted to but iv got enough time to keep myself company at home haha.

id just call up a few friends and c if we can arrange something=]

• Like in Suburgatory... Hahaha

Sure... why not...
    I just like to do that at home. Alone time is important for sanity.

• Absolutely. Just did this last weekend. I went to the bar by myself and enjoyed my beverages in peace. For once, it felt good not to have to be responsible for a drunk friend or trying to come up with something to do to keep everyone happy.

• i do it sometimes.. its cool

• I work at a wine bar and last Friday night a man came in and ordered food, wine, dessert etc. He was there for about two hours just chilling out and all I could think it "I want to do this!"

• I'D NEVER DATE MY SELF CUZ I'M DIFFICULT TO GET OR UNDERSTAND LIKE I EXPECT YOU TO READ MY MIND

• i would just go out on my own if i want to
    no awkwardness as well
    :)

• Yeah, I would. I haven't done it before but it sounds fine.. :)