Why does she still reply instantly?

She just wanted to be friends. I went distant. She messaged me the other day. Not to be impolite, I still reply but usually 3hrs later or something. Yet she will instantly reply again. Yet when we meet up (social setting) we just act awkward around each other; like we don't know what to say to each other.

But she never did before? Not to mention she was never one of those phone on hand social media girls. Tbh I don't really want to keep in touch. I've never been one to hang around when unwanted; just happy to say hi and smile if I bump into her.

Most Helpful Girl

• I reply instantly as well, it doesn't have to mean anything.

What Girls Said 3

• She probably is free or happens to have her phone on her - I know I always reply back quick and my friend thinks I do nothing but sit all day. Lol

• She said she wanted to be friends, why wouldn't she just reply when she's free?
    If you want to stay friends with her, why do you delay your responses?
    If you don't want to be friends, you need to tell her that instead of playing games like that.

• Because girls look at their phones a lot

What Guys Said 3

• Because she's one of the few people on the planet that actually answers her messages when she gets them. She deserves a Hero Cookie! About the awkwardness, just talk about what you've been up to since the last time you saw eachother. That should give you a few things to talk about right there :)

• Because she's trying to reel into her into her web.

There's a reason women are often compared to the Black Widow spider.

• Girls get a buzz of pleasure when they get an incoming message.
    A little endorphine is released.

As a result, they are always looking at their phone, waiting for that next little package of "brain-cum".