How not to be too demanding in a relationship?

I will admit that I used to be needy and it definitely jinxed past relationships. I worked on it a lot and I definitely have improved but every once in a while I'll show flashes of that ex needy person. I have a great boyfriend and things have been going well but like I said I stumble from time to time. The area where I tend to screw up on is not being willing to compromise if something comes up and he can't hang out. I don't start fights but I can then become too demanding in terms of when we hang out and I do get upset though I keep that to myself. I do fine in every other area but I'm still terrified of pushing him away with this. Should I bring this up with him and let him know I'm working on it?

Most Helpful Guy

• That would be brilliant, most people do not do this. If you love someone you will be understanding.

What Guys Said 1

• I dunno.. honestly, if he had plans with you and canceled without a REALLY good reason, you have every right to be upset and to tell him such. I don't think this is crazy.

What Girls Said 1

• You need a life outside him so you become less demanding with scheduling if you have other things going for you