My boyfriend refuses to see me after having a huge argument last night. He won't reply to any of my texts. Should I just wait until he replies to me?

My boyfriend and I got into a huge argument last night about the fact that I'm not on birth control. He had threatened our relationship if I don't start taking something in a week. He has always accepted the fact that I don't take anything until last night it became a huge issue out of the blue. I had asked him to come see me today so we could talk things through rather than via text message. He declined my request and when I asked why he simply replied I don't know. Do you think he's contemplating on just breaking up with me? I offered to give him some space and he said it's not about that. He's not replying to me anymore and I'm not sure what to do. I've been home all day crying and thinking of different scenarios of myself just breaking up with him. But I think I should give the diaphragm (type of birth control the two of us have talked about) a chance because I don't want to lose him. But I feel if I do that I'm giving up my happiness because it's not what I want. I want to make him happy but I don't think I deserve to be miserable.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well birth control is a tricky subject and there are still questions that remain.

Are you taking it to go unprotected? Because I still wouldn't recommend that for STD safety purposes.

Also, do you have adverse side effects to birth control? Not being 18 I don't imagine you would know if you do or not.

It honestly just sounds like this guy wants you for sexual purposes as it is so I don't think you should even consider seeing him anymore as it is. It sounds like he just wants sex and is looking for someone to do it with without a condom. If you continue to see him I think he sounds like one of those guys who will have you back on this site complaining that all he wants to do is screw.

What Guys Said 9

• Well, wait until he replies. Then stand firm and say, if you want to be sexually active, he should wear condoms. I mean, you shouldn't need to take it if you don't want to. Although, there are several types of birth control, some are in pill form which are fairly easy to manage and take daily.

But seriously, he sounds like he's being a bit of a jerk. You don't deserve to be unhappy just because he can't control himself anymore. I really don't think that issue alone is a valid argument and reason for breaking up with you.

• He does wear condoms, but he wants to be more protected and that's why he wants me to take something which I'm uncomfortable with. Condoms and birth control are not 100%. The only thing that is is abstinence and I've suggested that. He says his parents wouldn't believe him if he told them that.

• Well even with condoms he pulls out so I'm not seeing the huge problem. I always get my period on the 28th day and he knows that too.

• Argh, that just makes the whole situation even more stupid, I mean, I appreciate he's trying to be careful, but seriously? I mean, as long as the redundancy is there, you shouldn't have a problem. I mean, you could go on birth control, although I wouldn't go on it just because he said to go on it, you go on it because you want to go on it. Not because some guy told you to (With the exception of male doctors of course!)

• Yes, give him some time to chill out. There's no point in talking things out if one of you isn't thinking straight.

• I think that he is considering what is worth more. Being with you or possibly knocking you up and ruining his young life. Plus how is the birth control horrible?

• Birth control? In other words you 2 are having sex, something people under the age of 18 should not be doing. The fact that he wants you to do birth control at all proves he's a child and getting angry, that really makes him seem juvenile.

• I don't get why birth control makes you miserable.

• Reply but don't beg just say I'm sorry and just ask him to text u back so you can work it out with him

• Never argue with us verbally. Our superior male ego though incorrect according to women... Competing is a big no no.. Say what you want in a love note.. capriciously expressing disgust with flirts. Men don't see women's intention. We are very much word oriented.

• You lied about being on birth control? Or is he pissy over using a condom or what?

• No, I've never been on birth control. It is my personal choice to not be on anything. We use condoms. But he's scared he will get me pregnant so he wants me to take something. But condoms and birth control together are not 100%. Nothing is except abstinence and I've even suggested that. But he says he wouldn't be able to do that.

• Oh sounded like he just wanted to bypass condoms, good to know someone is worried about pregnancy. Anyway its a lot smaller chance if you use both so not a terrible idea, as far as talking to him he needs to cool down I guess, can tell him you're thinking about taking something now.

• He sounds like an immature asshole... red flag of future abuser type of personality. He has no right to dictate to you and the fact that he gets angry about it is bizarre, it's your choice.

What Girls Said 1

• Birth control is completely your choice, not his. It can have some HORRIBLE side effects, I know based on personal experience. He should understand. I wouldn't want any guy like that. Sorry, but wait for him to talk to you. He's immature. Sorry.