Why won't guys just end it? Why give women hope? Why?

I always hear guys say that "we will have a chance", "if it's meant to be it will be"," wait for me"... etc. I always wondered not just say that you do not want to talk to her anymore.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know I guess you could say why do women lead on men.
    For example I was with a girl this year and we really fell in love with each other but she got scared and just pushed me away and then came back telling me she wanted to give us a real chance and the got scared again and ran away.
    I guess the answer to most of our actions is a reaction some kind of fear or something.

• I have seen it myself. A lot of women do. I am sorry that happened to you. I know I have done that before but I explained to the guy that there will be times that I needed space because I went through traumatic sexual abuse (never really effected my relationships because I paced myself). But I very much understand you. I definitely do know few women like me who are straight forward. But there are some who do fear.

• and a very strong person :) Thank you so much.

• Thank you very much.
      I really don't know why I had to find the love of my life and see her love me and then have lose her.
      If I was such a strong person I would have been able to just brush it off and move forward but I can't seem to. I keep wishing that we'll be together but I don't know if it's just wishful thinking or what but I can't seem to move on I just can't somehow I feel it's the only chance I'll ever have to find my one real love.
      Being abused is horrible and I know someone that was abused and I know there can be problems. This girl of mine lost her father about a year and a half ago. He committed suicide and I know she's got some issues with this.

What Guys Said 2

• "wait for me" doesn't sound like something you say when you want to end it..
    Both genders do this kind of bs because they can't face confrontation or the truth.

• true. I was just giving some examples.

• some were not that great lol sorry about that.

• Haha it's fine, yeah I don't know people don't seem able to be straight forward with a lot of things.

• We keep the door open for easy sex later when we can't get any from anywhere else.

• lol what if it wasn't easy sex at all? And she never gave it up.

• oh definitely. I always cut guys off who do this. Its a relieved to be honest with you. I respect my self to much and I hope other women do to. Thank you so much again. I really appreciate your time :D

• It is my pleasure :)

What Girls Said 0