Are guys turned off by a taller girl?

Would you be comfortable dating a girl who is, even if just slightly, taller than you?

Most Helpful Guy

• It would depend on if she's comfortable dating a shorter guy. I was madly in love with a girl that was 6'2", and she always complained that men rejected her for her height. But while we were dating she was constantly saying she wanted someone taller, that she didn't want to have to bend down to kiss me, etc. I mean, what the heck was I supposed to do? Magically grow 5 inches for her? Start wearing high heels? Shit.

• Haha you made me laugh.. Well, in my case I was the one ok dating the short guy but he was not.

• You're welcome, hope you find a guy that accepts you the way you are.

• Thanks for MHO.

What Guys Said 22

• I would never date a woman that was taller then me. But I am 6' 3". so that has just never come up.
    I don't know how I would feel about it if I was short. it is interesting to think about. I guess if I was really short then you would have to be ok with it.
    My biggest issue is how short do I want to date. I have dated a couple of 5' 1" and it was a little awkward.
    I prefer woman that are 5' 6" or above..

• Turned on, and I must admit, a bit of a fantasy!

• No, taller girls are hot

• im not turned off, I welcome the amazons:D

• I notice especially shorter guys seem to be more open to this. It really depends on the guy and your chemistry I think. Personality can do a lot.

• I dated a guy who's shorter than average, chemistry was great but he was never able to accept that I was a bit taller.

• I favor tall girls over short girls ANY day! :D

• Nope but since I'm 6-4 I doubt she exists

• Absolutely not, height is meaningless to me because it cannot be controlled and is purely genetically determined. Why should we judge or have prejudice against others based on factors beyond their control, is that not the definition of discrimination?

I do not discriminate, therefore I do not acknowledge a person's height to be an indicator of their worth or importance.

• I wouldn't say better. Thanks

• yeah. but im 6'2'' and as long as i can have an intellectual conversation with you we will be fine. :) im not picky at all XD also that means i dont have to bend over to kiss a tall girl

• i said yes to the comment not the question. i would be fine with dating a taller girl

• I'd be comfortable dating a much taller girl, but it seems that taller girls may feel uncomfortable and I can totally understand where they're coming from.

• I dated a guy who was slightly shorter and he was the one uncomfortable, always bringing that up...

• You're the man :)

• Thank you. :)

• Great as a friend , but going out with woman taller than I am makes me feeling like I'm a kid going round town with my mom.

So ehhhh. That's what I think.

• Haha, I know what you mean. I'm only 5'3, dated a guy a little bit shorter once and I guess he was feeling that way.

• I'm 5'9.5, I would date a taller girl, its not a turn off, plus you don't have to be asked to reach something on a higher self

• Considering that I'm 6'4" I think that would be pretty awkward.

• Yes I would, not insecure about those kind of things.

• I would date as tall as me.

• slightly taller should be ok but not sure if the girl is extremely taller

• I'd probably date somebody a couple of inches taller

• Doesn't really matter, but i prefer shorter girls.

• if she's dominant, i love her

• i wouldn't mind

• Yes, I like taller girls, even if she is quite taller than me (I'm 178 cm / 5.83 ft).

• They say having sex while "standing up" is easier when the girl is taller than the guy because she doesn't have to kneel over to get it from the back, they have those nice legs.

I am not that tall, at 5'9", so a lot of girls may be shorter than me but they're still around my height often. A girl who is 5'10" or 5'11" wouldn't make me feel to "unmasculine". As long as she is nice to me and doesn't make fun of me then I am cool. Maybe a joke here or there but not too many.

What Girls Said 2

• How tall are you? Because some guys are like 198, so the 'taller than you' ones do exist.

• Most guys I know wouldn't be ok with that