What does it mean when the mom says he doesn't compliment her like you do?

I been dating this girl for about 3 months but we had a rough patch. She has been recently talking to one of her coworkers. I was over at her house yesterday and the mom had a talk with me and told me not to worry about the other guy that he doesn't compliment her like I do. I know they have gone out once. The mom told me she knows they will not work out to just give it time. I know it's her decision at the end of the day.

Most Helpful Guy

• It means you have cause for concern, or, at least, she, the mom, thinks you are concerned. And thus, she attempted to empower you by telling you that you are favored over the other guy. Think about it man, if she really did not perceive the other guy as threat to you, she would not have mentioned him to you.

However, my questions to you are, are you devotedly waiting around for her to decide what and who she wants? Or, are you exploring other opportunities and options as she is, apparently?

And with regards to her preferences, she is well within her rights to choose her own path and future with whomever she chooses, sure, as long as it does not prevent you from having the opportunity of agency. In other words, be your boss. Exercise your voice and authority in any and all affairs of your life.

• Well I'm the one that told the mom that knowing there was another guy bugged me and that's when the mom told me not to worry. And yes I know at the end of the day it's her decision. At the moment I been acting a little bit distant. I stopped texting her a lot and take longer to replay. Seems to be working as she textes me first and finds ways to see me. For example she ask me to take her to her appointment.

• Thank you!

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• She is simply saying you are better match for her than the other guy.

• So should I worry about the other guy?

• Momma dukes is on your side. :)

• Lol well I hope it pays off in the end! As she also says she doesn't like him but I guess I'll just have to wait and see