Prefer Hook Ups or Relationships?

Defend ur answer!

Hook ups can be anything from one night stands to friends with benefits, and can be anything from making out to more.. basically no commitment

Relationships: eh u know what it is

• Hook Ups
  • Relationships

Most Helpful Guy

• I want relationship with a meaning behind it
    i want girl who i can share my love with forever
    i want girl whose 100% real who will accept me
    for whom i am, i like honesty, caring, giving, loving

• aww thats so cute, stay optimistic and that will happen :)

• haha np with all those kind words for a girl that you want, you deserve it

What Guys Said 14

• You must not have a very high opinion of people if you're willing to use their body and forego emotions and feelings, cause last I checked, these are kinda the things that make use human beings.

If a person is into hook ups, that screams a lot about your character to me.

• that's true, but i can't argue because i have friends who have their preferences... i guess they aren't into commitment and dont want to be exclusive which is required in a relationship

• Relationships... hook-ups feel like a waste of time to be honest, because that time could be better spent finding someone who I can actually enjoy doing things with other than a single night, or every once in a while.

As EntourageNaj said - for time killing purposes, I'd rather enjoy the company of friends and be social.

If I REALLY have to get pent up sexual tension/frustration out, honestly squeeze it out into a tissue and flush it down the toilet. Less mess, less commute time, less expense, less emotional risk/concern/attachment, and less time investment - and I am pretty sure reading that back to myself that makes me sound utterly crazy lol.

• lol it kinda does, but all good at least you made sense...

• I prefer relationships because it has more meaning to me than a simple hook up or one night stand. and I want to take something out of an experience, something meaningful.

• relationships...
    relationships are hookups but with the added benefit of knowing the person cares about you. they are a companion, partner, teammate. they share values and you can enjoy things in life that aren't relegated to sexual intimacy.

• yeah as long as you have commitment, then having a relationship is def better

• Relationships but I've never had a hook up to compare it to and I don't plan to. I like sex in a relationship with someone I love and trust.

• Relationships all the way. Sex is romantic and intimate to me. To make it into a hobby that you do with just anyone to kill time just never sat well with me.

I like to think I'm practical and productive, but if I ever want to kill time I'll watch TV/play vid games, or go out drinking.

• that is a better use of ur time, than being desperate, and you always have friends to hang out with

• So true, sex stays a little... magical.

• I don't wanna be in any hook ups. I've always wanted a relationship but haven't been in one yet.

• What's the down vote for?

• Well, I had one down vote right after I posted this so I asked whoever that down voted me why I got down voted for.

• oh yeah im sorry i dont know who nor can i see a down vote, but stay hopeful and you will get a relationship with someone you truly care about

• Wish there was a none of the above button since I would never hook up or go into a relationship, especially in a society like this. Their is a shortage of quality women right now. ;(

• I'm sorry you feel that way, but dont think negatively and dont think there isn't a girl for u for there aren't good girls anymore- maybe your interest at the moment is with the wrong type of girls

• I just haven't found it yet

• and honestly you haven't been dating for that long so dont worry about it

• I'd prefer relationships, but I cannot lie I would never say never in regards to hook ups. I won't ever have a ONS, but an FWB? I cannot say.

I am a red blooded male after all.

• haha at least your willing to try both which means you are open to the idea of hook ups, whether or not you prefer it

• I can't stand hook-ups.
    I am not interested in "just sex" and this bed hopping doesn't appeal to me. No i don't have a low sex drive, i just think a relationship is more important than banging a lot of idiots.
    It's my choice, i don't have to "defend" it.

• haha no u dont, that was a good enough answer. And I couldnt agree more, hooking up with someone you really like and having intellectual conversations is what makes a great relationship

• Exactly.

• i like friends with benefits because your both in it for some fun and you do it enough to know each others body and what gets each other off. its the same as a relationship except wthout the commitment struggles.

• Commitment can be hard but that is why today there are so many words for anything but an actual relationship

• Relationship..
    Relationship with Saber

• I find the idea of relationships more appealing to be honest.

• being commited, and able to open up about anything is great

• I want a relationship more and consider them more valuable. But hook ups are easier for me to process since I don't really feel ready to let someone see me, vulnerable.

• yeah that is a huge problem being vulnerable to someone else, but it is also the reason i majority of people find themselves in hook ups when they never wanted to be in one

What Girls Said 14

• Relationship all the way. Why would I want to have sex with someone I don't love/someone who doesn't love me? Waste of time.

• Hook ups usually make you feel shitty afterwards... or the guy/society makes you feel shitty afterwards. Relationships are amazing.

• Yeah, being called words like "whore" or "slut" is demeaning so that makes sense

• I prefer relationships, but I don't quite see how these two things are even compareable. I'm open to hook-ups as well, when I'm single. It's something completely different to me.

• Forever and ever and ever I'd just say hook up but I've changed my mind and I'd say I'd like to date someone seriously now.

• i think everyone has their stages, so its good that you want to date someone serious

• Depends on the person I'm with. If it's a really great guy, I'll take relationships, but if he's not exactly my type or we don't click, hook up.

• haha at least u know what and when u want it, and thats always a good sign

• if it doesn't click, why even make it a hookup? Doesn't that do nothing more than complicate things?

• If the chemistry isn't there then no, because good sex couldn't make me like anyone any more than I already did. I'm not someone that puts a lot of personal emotions into sex so the situation wouldn't exactly be complicated. This isn't all the time of course that I'd sleep with a guy I don't like for the hell of it, but if I'm really horny or have had a bit of a dry spell, then why not. Also, for a lot of people you could have lust for them, but honestly not give a damn about actually talking to them nor a relationship. That's happened a few times with me, when the guy's super hot but I don't care to hear anything that comes out of his mouth, so there's that.

• It depends on the period of my life. There are times when I just want a casual hook ups and there are times when I feel better in a relationship.

• Usually times we are the most busiest is when we feel that hook ups are right, because we dont have time for a relationship

• Committed relationship- hook up is not my cup of tea. i go for one partner

• Everyone has their preferences and being able to talk to that one person about anything is wonderful

• I think I am more of a relationship person. Not into hookups.

• I love the stability, and getting to know that one person in more ways

• it's good to get comfortable with one person and be open with anything

• Relationship all the way. Why would I want to fuck random people who have probably slept with many partners... #diseasefree

• The poll has actually really changed my perception on guys, it shows that probably more guys prefer relationships which I thought would be completely vice versa. Thanks for an awesome question 👌

• haha np it changed my perception too, deep down everyone wants to open up with someone and feel completly comfortable

• Relationships because Im really emotional. Hook ups are fun not all the time though cause I forget that there are no feelings involved and it sucks when you like them and they don't like you back and sometimes they're an. asshole to. you

• true, especially when one is emotional its better to open up with one person rather than close up and hook up with others just for the pleasure

• Relationships. Sex has so many risks and I can't do it without love

• Hook ups.. No commitment=no hassle !

• And I guess u can remain friends, and meet new people without anyone getting jealous

• That's true , I'm still normal friends with those I hook up with , no jealousy between all of us :)