I'm in love with a girl who doesn't believe in love?

There's this woman who I've know for a little over a year now and she's absolutely perfect. Stunning, brilliant, witty, and everything else I've ever searched for in a woman.

The thing is she's been screwed over a lot in the past and has given up on dating and men. She says that love is a waste of time and she's done. I really, really want to be with her but she's got so many walls up.

Are there any women out there that feel the same way as her? What could a man do to change your mind. And have any men ever been able to win over a woman like this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just continue being close to her, and do small things, show her you're different than many other men, I'm going through that right now as I'm typing this I only like to see other people happy but I would only say, her wall will come down and when they do you need to be there. Just be there for her.

What Girls Said 9

• I've don't believe in love either, not because of past relationships (as I've never wanted one). In my case no man could pursuade me to want a relationship no matter what they would do, or how kind and caring they are. It is something only I can allow. It has absolutely nothing to do with the guy, like I said he might be my match made in heaven if I'm not ready\wanting I could care less...
    It's just up to herĂ  give her time to heal, don't try to push her or she'll back away from you. Sometimes all people need is time and a fresh beginning.

• I haven't had her experiences but I feel similarly. I don't think you can change her mind. Better drop her and find someone more suitable.

• Well show her why you are different- why it is okay to fall in love - but firstly tell her what love is

• If she doesn't believe in love the reason behind that is because she was probably badly hurt in the past and doesn't want to get hurt again.

• I met a guy who didn't believe in love. he had also been screwed over. after knowing him for 3 years (weve always been friends) I realized there is no changing his mind. I think it would be the same with the girl.. sorry :(

• Good question.. this should be interesting!

• My ex did...
    Then he screwed me over...
    I'm so done with men

• i think that is possible to happen to girls who have been screwed up by jerks in the past. she's just afraid if she put back herself out there, that she might get hurt again... but i feel like it is not impossible to change her mind. all u have to do is SHOW how much u care and TREAT her the way she deserves to be treated. make her feel special :) hope that helps

• OK my answer might sound harsh so excuse me.

I call someone who doesn't believe in love "bullshit". I have tons of friends including myself screwed up in the past, and got our hearts broken from times to times, but are still patient in finding our right guys.

Giving up too easily isn't a smart decision, and therefore she's not as perfect as you think she is.

Seriously, how bullshit is "doesn't believe in love". So she's thinking about staying single for THE REST OF HER LIFE just because sonething didn't work out the way she wanted it too. This is over exaggerate, impatient, dumb, emotional illness, and bullshit.

My advice: Get over her bullshit and find another mentally normal woman. She's not as perfect as you think don't fool yourself. Good luck!

• I think you're being a bit presumptions. She genuinely has gone through a lot, and I'm not just talking about boyfriends. She grew up with a very abusive father which is where I think most of this stems from.

And I don't think she's perfect. Nobody is. But I think she's perfect for me.

• I have the exact same situation as her, but guess what, I don't choose to give up. I choose to be patient, she should to. If she refuses to change, then she's too reserved to have another bf again. Peroid.

Meeting several bad guys including her father makes she things 7 BILLION PEOPLE IN THIS ENTIRE WORKD ARE ALL BAD? That's streotyping and stupid.

What Guys Said 0