Is it possible for a fit guy to like a fat woman?

So I'm a pretty chunky girl. Not obese, but a long ways from skinny. Anyways, I've been trying to get in shape so I go to the gym three days a week (I'd go more but I'm very busy) and there is a man there who has been very flirtatious with me for the past few months and has even asked me out.

I just find it very hard to believe that out of all the beautiful, fit women at the gym he is choosing to focus his time on me. Keep in mind that this is a very, very fit man so fitness is something that is obviously important to him. So I'm suspicious.

Could he legitimately like me or does he think that fat girls have low self esteem so I'll be easier to hook up with?

Most Helpful Guy

• If he's had his sights on your for that long then I'd say he's genuine. And it's totally possible for people to like the exact opposites of them both mentally and physically. I see tall people with short people, smart people with not so smart people, so why not a fit person with a not fit person?

What Guys Said 5

• its SOOOOOO possible:D I actually saw this in high school! they were the cutest couple ever. pretty well fit guy with an overweight girl. it just gives everyone hope I guess :D they were both in it for the long run fosho.

• well im a not ugly but not hot guy. I have muscles. im mean I want to be a marine so ya im strong... and my ex wasn't skinny. and im still tore over her she was the most beautiful woman I ever saw... so ya not nearly impossible.

• My uncle I'd really REALLY skinny like... super skinny but I've only ever seen him date fat women.

• No way. Much rather go with halle berry than a fat chick

• Maybe he has a fetish, this one sound genuine. On the whole however I would doubt it very much, speaking for myself I would only play a fat girl as part of playing the field -having one more girl obsessing over me is no bad thing in female social circles

• what do u mean obsessed? what does that have to do with anything?

• What are you asking? What I have written makes perfect sense

What Girls Said 1

• Not common, but totally possible. No one knows his intentions, but I wouldn't assume those things about him just yet. Couldn't hurt to go on a date and see how it goes. :)