What do you think I should do about this situation?

My ex boyfriend and I have dated each other for 2 years & 10 months. I ended our relationship last summer ever since I seen him with his ex girlfriend at the mall. He never told me anything was going on between them. And told me that they were just hanging out and that he doesn’t have any feelings for her at all, that they are just friends now but, I didn’t and still don’t believe him because if that was the case he would’ve told me before he hung out with her. I’m still friends with my ex but he knows EVERYTHING that goes on between us and he tried to say how I hang out with him and stuff and doesn’t see why I was mad at the fact he was hanging out with his ex. His ex called me saying that nothing was going between them but is the same girl who was trying to end our relationship from the start. He still is apologizing and saying that he loves me but I just don’t want to speak or see him again... What do you think I should do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just go with your gut instinct. I mean, if you feel like there was something going on there, and he's trying to hide it, just cut him off. There's no need for you to let him back in, just because his cover was blown. He should have been honest with you from the start. And, to top that all off, he was with the person determined to end your relationship from the start.

Seriously, you did the right thing to think there's something suspicious going on there! :o

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I honestly think you overreacted and he should not try to get back with you. Now hear me out! I'm not trying to be harsh, and I'll explain!

He would not have told you if he was hanging out with his ex, because he knows you dislike her. If he lied about it, that's different, but if he just hung out with her and didn't lie, then he simply didn't want to hurt you. He knows how you feel about her, and wouldn't want you to be worried that he will break up with you.
    Think about it this way: If he had said he was going to hang out with this girl, what would you have felt/thought/said?

She tried to break you guys up, so obviously it would be hard to see him with her, but if you've been together for almost 3 years, she clearly didn't succeed. He was still with you, and still wanted to be with you, and he clearly still loves you.

If he was hanging out with her in any context other than friends, wouldn't he have started dating her already since you broke up with him?

Now! Why I think not only should he not take you back, but also why you should not take him back. AT LEAST, not without talking for a very long time about it.
    You don't trust him. At all. If you did, you wouldn't break up with him because of this. So, you have to think about, why don't you trust him? And is it that you don't trust him, or that you were just falling out of the relationship, whether you realized it or not, and this was simply a good opportunity to end things?

Either way, I think that you do need to talk to him, but not before you've thought about everything yourself for a while, or you risk saying things you maybe don't mean to say.

Hope this helps, good luck~ : )

• I never said I didn't trust him though. I broke up with him because he went behind my back and hung out with his ex. He didn't tell me anything was going on between them. I caught him hanging out with her alone at the mall.

• Thank you for your help and thank you for being honest.

• You're welcome. I hope he respects whatever you decide : )

• First he shouldn't be hanging with anyone that tried to break up y'all relationship that isn't a friend he knew he was gulity thats why he didn't tell you i feel you are doin the right thing and you should just move on