GIRLS!!, do you automatically stereotype a guy to be a douche bag if his profile pic is of him shirtless?

Not only on here, but on Facebook or any social media site. Do you automatically think that? Do you give him a chance to prove that maybe he's not or do you just pass him by?

Most Helpful Girl

• Kinda, most of the time it means that the guy is a little full of himself. It depends on the picture though. If it's something on the beach, made by somebody else it's okay. If it's a selfie made in his bathroom, it's not okay.

What Girls Said 19

• I don't stereotype him, but I know I don't like it and I do pass them by.

What do guys think of chicks who take selfies while duckfacing wearing their bra in their messy bedrooms? Classy? I think not.

If a guy is shirtless it usually means he think this is automatically what a girl wants to see and we really don't... not at first before we even know your name. We can see a nice body through shirts and jeans too. Taking it off means you're not only showing it off to me, but every girl who comes across your picture, and if I was on a dating site or something else, I would think he's just advertising himself.

• No I certainly don't think that.

And I certainly will give him a chance to show me who he really is.

Him being shirtless however is what grabbed my attention in the first place though...

• I do not think he is a douche because he is shirtless, his actions usually speak for that one

• Honestly I think that it's sexy. I might be the only one but I think I'm speaking for a lot of girls when I say that.

• most of the time yes, unless he is cosplaying or it's a part of a uniform. I guess with that answer it really depends.

• No, not at all. I only think that if he actually is one and outwardly acts like one.

• Yeah I usually do. Sometimes I assume that they have aids.

• Most of the time, yes. When I see a guy in his bathroom with his shirt off and trying to look cool, I'll just pass that picture by. I had far to many experience with guys that do that only really looking to get their rocks off.

• Kinda... full of himself.. no point to expose it.

• Not really, but I really try to not to talk to them. I stereotype those kinda guys to be a little overconfident.

• YES to your title question.

• I never link shirtless pic to douchr bag. I need to know him in person

• But at first glance, do you have anything that instantly comes to mind? or no?

• Lol either good body or not so good
      He may come across as showing off
      Not douche bag

• If its a selfie, yes. If he's doing something (beach, surfing, etc) then its cool.

• Yes, especially if he doesn't even have his face in the picture.

• Pretty much unless he's at the beach or somewhere it actually makes sense

• Do you automatically think a girl is a hoe if her profile picture is a bikini/bra picture?

• If she's in her bra, it does throw up a red flag for me. Im not going to speak for everyone, but i guess for me it really just depends on how she presents herself in the bra? Get me? Like if she's bent over and everything's hanging out...

• Yeah, unless the bra looks like a bikini and you can't tell its a bra

• Nope, shouldn't be posting bikini pics either

• No I actually don't think anything of it, especially if it's the summer time.

• I'll let him prove otherwise. We have freedom of everything. It depends on a person

• Yes. (Filler)

What Guys Said 1