Ladies, we've all experienced this, MEN what do you mean or intend?

Alright, so this guy and I begin talking, getting to know each other. Within a couple of weeks he asks me on a date. Our date was a typical nervous date, but it ended with a passionate kiss. We continue to talk everyday for about 2 months. At the one month mark of talking he would text me Good Morning Beautiful, and personalize a Good Night text to me with a kissing emoji... it felt like we were exclusive since we would catch up on each other's day, and be flirty. Unfortunately the distance between our cities/travels limited us from seeing each other as much as we wanted. Suddenly he STOPPED talking to me for a little over 2 weeks... then texts me casually to see how I am and would like to see me before I leave for my long trek abroad. Things didn't fall through, and we ended not ever seeing each other. SUDDENLY a year later, he contacts me via message to tell me he has been thinking of me, and hopes I am well. MEN! Why the confusing messages, why do you stop talking to a women and suddenly want the attention again? Thanks for the input!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think I'm similar to this guy. In terms of backing off them coming back on to a girl.

There were a few women in this year who I really was interested in and who seemed pretty interested in me. I just saw a reason for it not working out. In this case, maybe he was really excited to see you before you left for your abroad trip and perhaps you said something that made him doubt your relationship so he backed off?

Bottom line, I really did like these girls but I saw a reason for it not working out at the time.

Anyways, with these women I made sure I have their Facebook and number just in case we wanted to meet back up in the future. In this case, he probably did the same, which is why he messaged you now.

Maybe he sees now as a good opportunity for a relationship, in terms of where he is in life... be that money, sexual availability, etc.

• Thanks! It is great to receive an honest, well said comment; instead of him just wanting sex, since we never got to that point due to our distance and we still live in different countries. It just caught me off guard, as I was not expecting him to check in on me, especially now that he has a girlfriend. It makes sense that both men and women tend to talk to several others, and become gravitated towards the one that fits their lifestyle and needs. Best wishes!

What Guys Said 5

• He stopped talking to you because you were going on a "long trek abroad" and you were only seeing each other rather than boyfriend/girlfriend. Not because he didn't care about you but because what was already a long distance relationship was getting even longer.

I wouldn't have thought there were any mixed signals there

• He probably had a reality check that he wanted to see a girl more often without the commuting issues.

• Honest to GOD, I wouldn't EVER do this. If I'm interested in a girl, I'm interested. And while I won't text/call her everyday because of how I think it will make me look desperate/clingy, I'll do it every two to three days and do my best to carry on a conversation to keep interest. But right now, as for me, I've been out with this great girl three times now. And while we're not official, and we're friends, it looks promising. And when I hit her up yesterday to see if she had any plans for this weekend, she didn't text me back. So sadly, this goes both ways.

• Because they want sex and get it else where then come back to you when they don't have someone anymore. Men talk to multiple women just like women talk to multiple guys. To must guys it's just a chance to get sex unless you communicate everything with us. Tell us what you want. Guys are the ones that always have to guess for fear of rejection or doing something wrong.

• Well you went abroad

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe he got with a woman and it didn't work out so now he's missing you and wants to reconnect? You could just ask him what he wants, and it depends on how you feel about him and if you think he's worth being a part of your life now or to just leave things in the past.

• That's why distance relationship will never be my thing. Too much complication. But like someone said, he must've met someone else and for whatever reason now misses you and the bonding.