If a girls first bf say early on in life was of high standards would that cause her to have those standards in guys for the future?

sort of a weird question to ask but basically been running into girls in recent years who are younger , good looking and single but seem to have outrageous standards in terms of what guys they'd actually date and I wonder if some of that is from when they were much younger as I have noticed when looking through these girls pasts some of them when they were a lot younger there first bf 's were often really good looking guys that be much higher quality in some areas than rest. these guys they dated when they were a lot younger and relationships a lot different at those ages.

but anyways wonder if girls like this when they suddenly find themselves single and at bar in early 20's have really high standards in guys cause they were able to date such guys when they were younger and don't really have realistic perspective as to what singles are really out there

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's because younger girls usually have perfect bodies and they can afford to be picky about who they date. As they get older - they lose a lot of their hotness and they tone down their expectations.

• well true but I noticed these girls when they were like 18 or so had really good looking guys dating them but then find themselves single a few years later. I just wonder how that experienced shaped there views on guys later on in life?
      I knew this one girl from work a couple years ago , I though at time I was a descent option for her and I did genuinely like her a lot at time but couldn't ever seem to get her to date me. I noticed when looking through her past her ex was this really good looking much bigger than me type guy. she was just a small brunette didn't even have any boobs really but she managed to date him at some point and maybe though she could again? I don't know what the issue was she had high standards

• Well it's very hard to change people so instead of trying to win over somebody who is not interested in you - just move on to the next person who is. I remember when a mentally retarded guy told me I wasn't good enough for him. While another guy who had been in the gifted program all through high school and spoke 5 languages had skipped his classes in school every single day for 6 months to chase after me and the second guy looked way better than him too. sometimes it's not about convincing them but about moving on to an easier target.

What Girls Said 3

• Mostly men are compared to standards such as their confidence. And the men in her early life, like her Dad. Her Dad or whomever is the male role model teaches her what to expect from other men in terms of treatment and such. First loves counts too, because most people compare who they love to their first loves. Because then, they weren't that cautious of heartbreaks, so they just loved.

• Good looking people tend to date other good looking people.

• i dont think there's a connection between the 2, its just that everyone likes different things

What Guys Said 1

• If they have high standards it may be due to having a father who made them feel important and taught them how a man should treat a woman.