Do you think it's ok for a 13 year old to date a 15 year old?

I'm a 13 year old girl going into 8th grade and I have a crush on this guy who is 15 and going into grade 10. We hang out normally 1-3 times a week and text each other a lot. He is super funny and treats me so well. We have so many things in common too. I really REALLY like him! I'm just worried about the age difference. I feel like telling him that I like him but I'm worried because since he's 2 years older he'll think its weird. Do you think that is a large difference? Do you think it's ok for a 13 year old to date a 15 year old, or should we just stay friends? And if you think we should just stay friends how do I get over him? I've tried already but every time I see him my heart goes a million miles per second and I feel butterflies in my stomach. I don't know what to do. Thanks for your help.

• Yes, it's ok for a 13 year old girl to date a 15 year old guy
  • No, I don't think that's a good idea

Most Helpful Guy

• It's perfectly fine. Just don't let him talk you into doing something you don't wanna do.

What Guys Said 2

• I believe that's too young to date. If I had kids, I would let them start dating at 15-17, depending on how mature he/she is.

• I don't think either of them should be dating at all. I wasn't dating at that age. I mean, yeah, I had one girlfriend when I was 15 1/2, butttt I really didn't care

• So your saying since you was a big looser and didn't have a girlfriend at 13 you have to ruin her chances of dating. The heart knows what it wants. And quit being a dirty dushbag about it. I had my first girlfriend when I was 12.

What Girls Said 2

• It always depends on the couple, but in your case the way you describe it, it sounds sweet and over time, your age difference will only be two years and not mean much if you stay together long enough. The things he does and the way you are together should mean more than what anyone is going to think. Enjoy it and know it really isn't that bad. You can learn a lot from each other.

• That seems like a fine age gap