Why does my girl friend want me to sit there with her like a rock?

She wants me there with her to keep her company. But when I'm with her, her mind is just not there. When I try to talk to her, I only get the shortest answers possible.

I got frustrated a few times and said to her, "Do you want me to leave you alone, it seems like I'm bothering you."

I have tried disappearing for a few days and she would message me wondering if I'm ok. Then when I try to talk to her, I get little feedback from her.

Once she said to me, "If you leave now then I will never take you back."

But what's the point when I just sit there like a rock? What does it mean?

She's not like this when she's around her female friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• because she either thinks you're actually a rock, or because she's controlling and insecure. she just needs you to be 'there' to suppress her own feeling of loneliness, but judging by the way she treats you, she's not even that into you.. threatening to leave or to dump someone if they don't 'follow' some random 'orders', is one of the many red flags.
    if you want a 100% answer, ask her: 'why aren't you even talking to me, and yet you want me to stay?' - then you'll know for sure.

What Girls Said 3

• Because you are submissive to her and she knows sit. Therefore, she can use you as a rock or as whatever she pleases. If you are okay with that don't complain about, but if you are not. You need to let her go even if she comes back (which she will) you have to be strong and not go back. Let her suffer a little bit and then you'll see how things change. Right now it seems like its just a cycle it'll never end unless you, yourself stops it will continue.

• I would need more information but either she is insecure and worried what you will think or she is only in the relationship for the pillow end of the deal. Never had a boyfriend but I'm sure laying on a guy has to be a great feeling.

• SOme girls like men to just be there. You tried talking to her and that didn't work... MAybe you should ask her if she's okay. Maybe hug her or something. I can't think of a time i've ever done this.

What Guys Said 3

• "She's not like this when she's around her female friends"?

-You should be her best-est best friend in the universe! It doesn't really sound like she likes you. She sounds like just a normal friend, not one you would marry.

"Once she said to me, "If you leave now then I will never take you back." "

-That's funny considering how it sounds like you want to break up with her and almost arrogant assuming you would want to take her back after you left.

• Sounds like she's just sort of with you to be with you, she doesn't actually like you

• She doesn't think of you as a person, just her man figure accessory, kind of like the purse she carries in her mind you just look good with her.

She may not be very bright, it could be that she only sees you as something to lean on and doesn't have much to say.

If she wants to connect with someone, she has her girlfriends for that. Many women are this way.