How can I convince my bf?

My bf is upset that he wasn't my first kiss and that I had butterflies with my first kiss 10 years ago when I was 13. I absolutely hate the guy I kissed first and I love my bf... I get the same butterflies with my bf when we kiss and I love it but he doesn't believe me. How can I convince him that you can still get those butterflies? :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally, I don't find you at fault in the least. You kissed someone else before him? Sorry to say but, big deal. You were 13, you didn't know your emotions, yourself, or perhaps that guy all so much! You were young, it happens. Even if that wasn't the case, your past relationships don't matter. It's your current relationship that does, and if you are with him, then he is darn special to you, otherwise why would you be with him? Why do you have to prove yourself to him when the whole reason you are with him is that he makes you feel happy, comfortable, [Insert appropriate word here], etc. If you say something to him, sincerely, then he should just have faith and believe your words. I mean, you do mean it, don't you? Then why is he doubting you? I mean, if you want, you could try doing something rather sweet that you wouldn't do for anyone else. I don't know how close you two are, but personally, I would just turn to goo when my girlfriend used to put cute messages inside my pockets, or make me a cupcake, just small sweet gestures. I knew that through them went some time and affection, I didn't have to doubt her word when she said she liked me, even if I didn't receive those things, but they were small samples of her affection. You could try proving yourself with some small forms of affection, it doesn't have to be anything material though.
    However, you shouldn't have to. A relationship is about trust. He needs to have trust in you, and you in him. Perhaps you two are still rather new to this relationship, so it's natural to not be all that trustworthy just yet.
    Besides that, he seems to be a bit possessive to be concerned over a first kiss, just because it wasn't his. I mean, who cares if he wasn't the first? That guy kissed you a set number of times while he can kiss you today, tomorrow, and as much as he so desires (if you are in the mood) as long as things are great between you two.
    Don't be so concerned about it, eventually your feelings will come through.

• Also, seeing that you are in your 18 - 24 years I assume he also is within that range. He shouldn't be all so naive to think that he will be encountering many girls who have never kissed before. He is putting way too much thought into such an event that doesn't matter. He is your current boyfriend, not that guy. No offense, but seems to be a childish concern.

What Guys Said 3

• tell him to grow a pair of nuts and get oer it. it was a fooking kiss.

• If a dude is upset you got a first kiss before the age of 23, he's got issues.

• Then tell him how much of a big difference it is to kiss someone you love.

What Girls Said 1

• Possessive much? Your boyfriend sounds like a nutjob. He needs to grow the fuck up. He has MAJOR control issues that is going to kill your relationship. Get the fuck out of that relationship ASAP!