For those who are not that attractive and or overweight, how do you deal with not being able to get a companion as easy as someone who is attractive?

Here's the entire questions:
For those who are not that attractive and or overweight, how do you deal with not being able to get a companion as easy as someone who is attractive and or not overweight?

Most Helpful Girl

• You are worth someone asking you out. Everyone wants and needs to feel desired, attractive and loved. I think it helps to see yourself as God sees you- a precious and perfect creation. Watch the Encounter... it is still on Netflix.

Please don't disparage yourself or despair. Find something nice about yourself everyday.

• Thanks for the advice

What Girls Said 7

• this is gonna sound mean probably, but why not just make more of an effort into ur appearance?

• What if that doesn't work?

• I'm not overweight... but I dealt with not being able to get a companion by just focusing on studying... that way I didn't feel as lonely and sad. I just distracted myself a lot by working too... got a cat... so I had some sort of companionship. I was 28 before I had my first date... so I waited a long time... thought I'd be alone my whole life and was mentally prepared for it.

• I see

• You're gorgeous. How did you have any issues getting a date?

• Thanks rthomas43... it just didn't seem like guys were interested in me... I don't know why... maybe cause I studied a lot... I've gotten asked out once directly... like 10 years ago... never asked to a school dance... it sort of sucked... even my now BF I finally got didn't ask me out directly. We were kind of set up by a mutual friend, and he never even asked for my number initially, I had to offer it to him first. I tried being as friendly as possible... I know I can always ask a guy out... but all my friends got asked out, and I thought it would be nice for that to happen to me more often... guess not everyone is so lucky. I tried making myself look as good as I can cause I assume that's what guys look for... and I work out regularly, eat healthy, etc. Maybe I should try the opposite if I'm ever available again & looking to date.

• Don't let that bring you down i do my best to like my body as it comes, i tell myself that beauty is relative and they are always exceptions! Confidence is the key. to get that confidence you will have to find whats attractive in you, personally i try to work on my appearance sure but not at the expense of everything else but unfortunately so, looks matter a lot in this world so yeah "work on it but dont kill yourself about it". thats my motto ^^

• Maybe find a companion who's in the same situation as me. If you are overweight then why don't you go for someone who's overweight as well? Or if you're not that much of a looker why don't you go for someone who's not that attractive either?

• I think some don't do that because they want what they fantasize about

• i cry about it, figure out what's wrong with me, realize i can't fix it, cry about it some more, and then get up and leave my house like i'm having a good day. then i come back, rinse, lather, and repeat.

• i date my body type, but almost everyone does, it is psychological. also, stay confident. people tend to judge you less and take your word for it if you really believe it.

• Find other things to fill my time and also work on the issues holding me back.

What Guys Said 8

• I think self confidence has a major part when it comes to trying to date someone that is substantially more attractive than you, if you constantly believe that they are at a different level than you, that will keep you from putting yourself out there, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, if you feel you have as much of a chance of attracting someone that is really good looking as the handsome guy or beautiful girls do, then there really shouldn't be anything stopping you from succeeding, it's all about how you carry yourself, people respond to confidence which brings into consideration that looks aren't everything.

• Constantly tell yourself about your greatness and eventually you'll believe it. Also tons of except use and doing what you love.

• You can lose weight, it will help with your attractiveness.

• I just live with it, just that simple.

• I believe that there no one person who everyone is going to agree is good looking.

• I try to improve myself.

• Work on your appearance. I know that people will flat out lie and say personality matters the most, but LOOKS MATTER THE MOST TO EVERYONE

• LOOKS MATTER THE MOST TO EVERYONE INITIALLY, but it isn't everything.

• okay

• I didn't cry about it, I did something about it. Lost 80 pounds and still need another 20 to go.