Is bad breath a major deal breaker? how do you tell someone they have bad breath?

i've been seeing this guy a little bit recently.. it's not serious at all but i could see it maybe being serious in the future. only problem is sometimes his breath is horrible. it's not all the time but when it's bad, ITS BAD. is bad breath a deal breaker for you? it kind of is for me... and do i tell him about it? how do i tell him without being rude and insulting him or making him feel bad?

Most Helpful Guy

• Reminded me of this hilarious Fresh Prince episode where Carlton and Will are telling this cute chick why the other person is an awful date. In one of the illustrations, Will is getting ready to kiss this chick and acts like he's gonna use mouth spray on himself but sprays her mouth instead before kissing.

On a serious note just tell him gently that his breath is bad. Don't ruin a good opportunity because you can't give a guy a chance to brush his teeth more often and practice better oral hygiene.

What Guys Said 3

• If it's bad all the time and she refused to do anything about it, then it could be a bit of a problem. Most people will work to correct it though once they're made aware.

If I were you, I'd just phrase it kinda like this: "I love kissing you... it's amazing... sometimes though I feel like I miss out on kissing you more because your breath is a little off"

Use your own words of course, but that's how I'd probably go about it.

• For me, it kinda is. It's a sign to me that their hygiene may not be as good as you would hope :L

• Maybe constantly offer them gum every time u guys hang out until they get the hint

What Girls Said 1

• no need to tell him anything just give him a mouth spray