Is he still interested or am I plan b?

To clear things up, I'm 19 and he's 22 so this isn't middle or high school. I met this guy on tinder and he never brought up anything sexual and we talked for 3 days until he asked for my number. 4 days after that we went on our first date and in a span of a week and a half, had four dates in total. We texted every day during this period. I was going on vacation for 2 weeks and that's when he got distant. He ignored my last text and so I backed off and didn't contact him. My friends suggested that I ask where we stand before I leave so I could move on so I asked, saying something along the lines of no pressure, I know it hasn't been long but do you see us dating when I come back or going our separate ways? He read the message and never answered so I moved on. I'm coming back home tomorrow and I get a text from him after two weeks on tinder saying sorry he was really busy and dropped his phone off of a boat and just got a new one. Am I the back up or should I believe him and answer? It's been 24 hours and I haven't said anything back.

P. s. We've only ever kissed and cuddled some so I didn't put out. I have met one of his friends and his 8 year old cousin if that tells you anything?

• You're his plan b
  • I think he's still into you

Most Helpful Guy

• My answer may not help since the best I can tell you is I don't know. I don't know if he likes you or if he's lying or if he thinks you're just the back up. I don't know. I could guess but that really won't change much. You'd still feel anxious and unsure because you don't have a concrete answer about how he feels about you. So I suggest that you think about that instead. Why does not knowing how he feels about you bother you so much and how can you learn to cope with that because that feelings not going to go away? He could give you the world but it all could mean nothing. That's just life. The choice you're making here is to trust him or not to trust him. Some people trust first and hurt later others suffer before they trust. You just have to choose. If you're looking for me to tell you what to do I can't and I won't because either way you choose the outcome will end up the same the only difference is one way leads to more interactions with this guy while the other doesn't. One is not necessarily any better than the other. So choose thinking that way. Forget trying to decipher how he feels or if you'll get temporarily hurt from this and just decide whether or not you would like to continue seeing this guy in the future despite what his intentions may be.

What Guys Said 2

• If he took you on a date 4 times, he probably likes you otherwise he wouldn't have bothered to keep going after the first time. However if he ignored you for 2 weeks simply because you were away rings a bell. So we have opposite signs here. Sounds like he's the kind of guy seeing different girls at the same time. And if you are looking for a serious guy , dont use tinder.

• If I was truly interested in a girl, I would find another way to contact her and let her know that I lost my phone, even if I was super busy. Just out of courtesy and that way she won't worry or get bad thoughts. So seems to me he doesn't truly care for you, whether that means you're the back up I don't know.

What Girls Said 2

• He may have not believed you when you said you were going on vacation. Under normal circumstances - I'd believe a friend if they said they were going on vacation but if a stranger I met online said the same thing - there is a high chance I'd think they were lying. I once accused a guy of lying about being on vacation when he actually WAS on vacation. He dumped me as soon as he got back and said I was insecure. That was a 12 hour relationship since he went on vacation immediately after asking me out.

• guy could lie. If he got a new phone has his number changed ever since then? From what it seems in MY opinion sounds like your a plan B guys don't really forget you after two weeks long if they're interested