Has there ever been a time in your life where you regret turning someone down?

I was snooping on this girls fbook who used to like me last night and I when I was looking through her holiday photos I was like (my name) you're such a dick head. I thought she was hot and really nice at the time. However, cause my mate claimed to have been there I couldnt go there cause I dont like going after my mates ex's or ex flings. As it turns out nothing actually happened.

Anyone else ever have something similar happen to them? And do you regret turning someone down?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am 16 in 8days. I am fairly ugly and friends nor relationships have never really came to me. My family mostly hates me as well as one another. So I am always alone with only my own self. Its always been this way. I will be a junior and last year a guy asked me out he was a friend and declined because if I can't live with myself why should someone else have to also? I didn't regret my decision because i won't be ready for a relationship for years to come. I do however regret declining someone's request to start a friendship not that it matters. Your. case is different though, and I would recommend telling her what happened if you still have a chance other wise its just one of those things you have to move on from.

• Come on, why do you think you are ugly, just be nice to people, don't talk yourself down.

• Of course you probably have plenty of friends

• Haha thanks. You need to believe in yourself though btw. you're probably no where near as ugly as you think you are.

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah I did turn someone down recently. It was some guy who asked for my number at the coffee shop. I said no cause I don't know why other than he had a mean ol' unibrow lol but other than that he wasn't even ugly. I could've gave him a a chance cause he sounded so shy and nice.

• Yes ): I really liked this guy in college but he came on so strong so fast and it freaked me out so I totally blew him off. It wasn't entirely all on me because he was the one who moved too fast and I was just reacting naturally for me (running away and freaking out lol). But if he calmed down a little I would have totally given him more of a chance. This was years ago and I still think about him sometimes.

• I turned down a guy in middle school cause he acted super immature and gross but then matured a little and became a less awkward in high school. Pretty sure he still liked me but he had an on again off again relationship so nothing ever really happened.

• Yup I turned down a guy because he was too clingy and I regret it... he moved away and I never got to see him again

• Yeah that must be hard. Sometimes you dont know what you have until its gone

• Yeah that and I was too young to date anyone. I've never met anyone who cared about me the way he did..

• I turned down a guy in middle school, then in high school he became HAWT. fml...

What Guys Said 1

• Overall every opportunity I've turned down for a relationship was the "right decision" as I believe either I wasn't ready at the time or the girl wasn't.

Now when it comes to "just" sex then sometimes I wish I took some opportunities that I passed up on.

I think you made the right decision, it shows you're a loyal friend even if it turned out your previous thought was false.

If there is anything to take away, it would just be to "not burn your bridges" stay in contact with a girl unless you know the 'full story' or that she's off limits, for sure. But I think your decision shows you have a good heart and moral values when it comes to relationships.

• Yeah I know what you're saying but I think she's turned into a bit of a bellend. Things went weird between us a long time ago but I felt awkward when me and her hung out one night. Either she's impossible to talk to through messaging or she's easier to talk to face to face. she's well happy to see me sometimes but then she's impossible to talk to when I message her. I dont get it

• I think im gonna delete her out of my life tbh